New Pr. Tore My 1st Deck Of Cards

popeye

Tore a full (52 card) deck in half this morning. That's a new PR :D

Popeye - great job! Excellent!

What type of cards?

I used the cheap Gold Crown. 2 packs for $1 @ Walmart.

Popeye - great job! Excellent!

What type of cards?

Hey you gotta start somewhere, and from my experience those are the best cards to start out with. Congrats and great job....Brett

Count the cards - most decks have more than 52 cards in them - you may have done better than you thought. Congratulations - my first deck took me forever and I had blood coming out from under a fingernail, etc. It gets better over time, though.

Hey Popeye, I haven't torn a deck of Gold Crowns nicely yet so don't down grade your achievement because it is one I hope to aspire to in the future.

Today Tearing Gold Crowns Tomorrow Mangling the Malaysian Cards!!!!!! :rock

Your Friend Gator

Edited by GatorGrip

Congratulations Popeye!

I tore my first deck in Wal Mart, before paying for the deck. I just wanted to see how tough the brand was (VIP) before buying a whole bunch. Just as I was finishing up the deck a lady in a wheelchair come rolling by me with a look of shock on her face. She asked "What are you doing?" and "Are you going to pay for those?" I was pretty emarrassed and had to explain to her that I was not a magician but was working on a feat of strength.

Congratulations Popeye! 

I tore my first deck in Wal Mart, before paying for the deck.  I just wanted to see how tough the brand was (VIP) before buying a whole bunch.  Just as I was finishing up the deck a lady in a wheelchair come rolling by me with a look of shock on her face.  She asked "What are you doing?" and "Are you going to pay for those?"  I was pretty emarrassed and had to explain to her that I was not a magician but was working on a feat of strength.

Eric I bet the look on her face was priceless...also congrats popeye on your PR!

Just out of curiosity how do you lot train to tear cards? by starting low and adding a card a time or do you heavily train your pinch grips? It really interest's me, what a quality party trick to have up your sleeve.

Just out of curiosity how do you lot train to tear cards?  by starting low and adding a card a time or do you heavily train your pinch grips? It really interest's me, what a quality party trick to have up your sleeve.

Here's a pic if anyone's interested:

http://www.geocities.com/nuzzely1/DeckTear

My training has consisted of grippers, pony clamp, home made wrist roller, block pinch, powerball and a bar with a weight at one end that I hold behind me and lift with my wrist.

Good job, keep after it!

Mike

Congratulations Popeye! 

I tore my first deck in Wal Mart, before paying for the deck.  I just wanted to see how tough the brand was (VIP) before buying a whole bunch.  Just as I was finishing up the deck a lady in a wheelchair come rolling by me with a look of shock on her face.  She asked "What are you doing?" and "Are you going to pay for those?"  I was pretty emarrassed and had to explain to her that I was not a magician but was working on a feat of strength.

One can only wonder if this scene was picked up by the security cameras. :D

• 3 weeks later...

good job. nice pr.