Strongman Dennis Rogers

Sybersnott

If you get the chance tonight.... he appears on the show, "Ripley's Believe It Or Not".  Don't know exactly what he'll do.... but it's sure to be entertaining!!  Thought everbody should know!!  :)

Wow, that was awesome. In case ya missed it he resisted the pull of 2 motorcycles, one on each side of him for 30 seconds :0 :0 :0. To demonstrate his strength at first he rolled a frying pan into a burrito in a couple seconds, ####!

i caught the motorcycle part, that was awesome.  maybe i'll give it a shot tomorrow with a couple of fords.  i'll be sure and let you guy know how it went in the goerner forum. ;)  i hate i missed the fryin pan part though. ???

HOLY ####!! :0  :0  I just saw the beginning! He rolled that frying pan with only one hand & hardly trying! They're showing the motorcycle thing right now..... It looked like they might have put some sort of oil on the tires to make them slip a bit more & make all that smoke. Still pretty amazing though.

Dennis is such a regular guy..... if he were in a crowd, you'd probably miss him.  He isn't the biggest dude.... but goll dang, he sure is STRONG!!!  That frying pan bit made me laugh; I'm thinking of e-mailing him to ask him how I could train to do that.   :)  :)

He's held back much bigger items than those two Harleys you saw on the show.  I'm glad I got to meet him in person - a really nice guy and a great showman to boot!!   :D  :D

Snott - I taped the show and watched the good part again this morning. Thank you so much for alerting us, I would have missed it. When he rolls the frying pan it looks like he is doing a bunch of dumbell wrist curls (same kind of motion with the hand and wrist). Extreme power! Does anyone know how much Dennis can do in the dumbell wrist curl? Is there a record for the DB wrist curl?

-Mike M.

I didn't see the show but Dennis has similar footage on his website at www.muscle.org (sorry, hyperlink function doesn't seem to be working at the time). There are pictures there from some of his shows, he is very impressive.

I don't know how much he can wrist curl but he said he could do one-armed preacher curls for reps with a 100 lb dumbell @ 127 lbs bodyweight, 14" arms through the bicep at the time of this feat (info from MILO volume 1 #4, January 1994). Though that sounds small, I bet 14 inches would be some guns on a guy weighing 127.

About the frying pan, our own Woody has done this feat numerous times. Check his training logs, he is making it a regular thing. He would be the one to ask about technique.

That looks like the same handle that Kaz used at York Barbell in June of 2000.   It is a tube that fits around the main handle and it revolves around that handle.  It seemed very slippery too me, and I think that it is probably harder to lift than an Inch thickness handle.  I think OldGuy is right that it is 2.5” because it seems thicker than the PDA “inch” handle.

Guest woody36

Tom further on Kaz bends what looks like 1/2"diameter bar,

and the frying pan roll in around 10 seconds by Rogers is

incredible!

Not to mention the phone book and card tearing.

Absolutely brilliant!

Woody, thanks for the link to the video!  According to the video, the bar is 5/8" thick and 30" long.

Woody, are you planning on competing in the British Nail Bending Champs in Stafford on April 20th?

Train smart!

Guest woody36

Strongman,

Pleasure to hear from you,thanks for telling

me the dimensions of the bar,my speakers don't work and

i have to watch in silence,very frustrating!

Regarding the nail bending championchips,the simple

answer would be no, i would'nt have the confidence to

go up against anybody else,especially in competition.

I hope everyone is well at your end,and please give my

best regards to your training partner.

Woody.

I thought I heard that the bar was 34” by 5/8”, although the audio is very fuzzy.  I was frustrated because they did not say whether it was cold or hot rolled, although Dennis Rodgers did imply it was cold because he stressed the difficulty of the piece of steel.  The video was also jumpy and the bends looked almost instantaneous because of missed frames, but hey, we wouldn’t be able to see it anyway on what apparently is a local type broadcast.  Woody, you really should go to the bending competition, it will build your confidence, because you will find that your bends are comparable to the best around.  I think you have a shot at bending the two 60-penny nails taped together.

• 1 year later...
Guest nyforlove

Hi SuperSqueeze,

I saw your posting in which you indicated that you had taped the Feb. 2002 Ripley's w/Dennis Rogers...Anyway you could post this on the site or I could buy a VHS of it from you? Thanks. :)

I must be blind I see no episode 19???? there are

some that say i.e. 1-20 1-21 etc.. a bunch of

gosple talking no action what am I missing???

Matt

I tried to check out the site linked to above and couldn't find the episode - am I blind?