Volume Bending Video

FrankyBoy

Yesterday, I did another volume bending session.

I focussed on the kink using DU.

Volume 4.5MB

After those bends I really was pumped up.

Today my upper back and my hands are quite sore.

Thats the way it should be.

Before that volume session I tried to kink an 5 1/4" Blue to at least 60° using

DU. (I got an 5 1/2" Blue to 75°).

Final angle was 62°:

Blue 5 1/4" 2MB

I can't watch the video here, but thant sounds very good. What did you bend in your volume session?

Keep it up :rock

I bent 25 shortened 6mm mails, around the IM Yellow.

Whole session lasted 5 minutes.

My girl friend Heike assisted me by giving me one nail after the other.

I bent 25 shortened 6mm mails, around the IM Yellow.

Whole session lasted 5 minutes.

My girl friend Heike assisted me by giveing me one nail after the other.

You should order some 7'' bars of the 8mm HRS competition bars from Arne. It would be madness not trying this stock before the Euro (assuming you are one of the Germans qualified). I assume Arne will let you guys have two (or possibly three) guys competing. There will be a 12 competitor limit again. The Brits are sending three competitors, Switzerland one (The Swizz), and Sweden four (Sweden had the highest average placing in the last years Euro, England was second) or five (one extra beyond what is warranted by last years results is reasonable for the hosting nation). I am not aware of any other European countries organising national championships with rules and events similar to those of the Europeans.

Mikael, of course I already contacted Arne.

Franky, nothing boring about that video. I also bend DU and to watch your style was great.

Where do you place the nail in your hand? I noticed your hands had some space between them.

Thanks guys.

Lyle: I place the nail at the outer side of the palm as described in the Bending article of Greg and Dave.

Thanks Franky, Also do you try to keep your hands apart "out to the edge of the nail" or close together, it appears in the video that your hands are about 1/2-1" apart?

Normally the placement of the nails ends is fix. So the space between the pinkys is just a result of the length of the nail.

However, when bending short stuff I have to leave some space between my pinkys to be able to reach that 60° angle required at the europeans.

That means I give up the stronger position in favour of being able to complete the kink.