Bending

JasonL

My bending sux. I am finishing up a Clubbell protocol, but after hearing about KTA and what not. I was thinking to just specialize on Bendnig for 3 months. I need to bend the yellow. Greens, Timber Ties, no prob. 60Ds cannot do yet...Figure 3 months for just bending should do the trick? What do you guys think?

Looking at where you're at in your log, you would be amazed at where you'd be in 3 months of specialized training for bending. I'd say shoot for grade 5 as a 3 month goal, maybe better.

Looking at where you're at in your log, you would be amazed at where you'd be in 3 months of specialized training for bending. I'd say shoot for grade 5 as a 3 month goal, maybe better.

Hey I am living proof of going from a Green Nail to a grade 5 Hex bolt and even a Grade 8 Hex bolt in less than 3 months of bending. I have focused my attention on bending only and by concentrating on this one area of hand strength rather than trying to get to the #3 or Blob 50 lifting, pinching a couple 45s or tearing decks of cards into eighths I feel I gave myself the best opportunity to excel in this area. Now others may be all over the board with their grip strength goals but for me I have always found that any worthy pursuit it is better to do one thing really well than a half dozen things half-assed. Now I am not saying not to perform supporting exercises that will help you reach your goal healthier, stronger and hopefully injury free. Like in bending wrist strength is paramount and levering is an excellent way to strengthen the wrists. So add what exercises that will help you reach your main goal the quickest and healthiest was possible. Just don't allow yourself to get enamored with all the great goals for the different types of feats of hand strength and lead you to disappointment by not reaching any of them. You can't do everything at the same time and expect to be great at all of them out the gate. Pick a good solid goal and give it a specific time frame. This gets both your conscious mind and subconscious mind working to meet the deadline. I have found many times that I will reach a goal much earlier than I had projected but if you don't get on a specific day, week or even month don't let that dishearten you. Take a step back and reassess your goal was it a realistic goal and what am I doing now or not doing now that is preventing me from reaching this achievement. Then just tweak your training or even form your a new strategy totally but just don't quit because most quit only a few feet from the finishing line and never knew how close they really were to victory because they kept their head down and eyes closed when it got tough. Take one step at a time and focus on the journey then you will look up to find that you are at the finish line and ready to win.

May you have little pain and maximum gain!

GatorGrip

Well said Gator, it also should be said "since I agree with you" I've stopped the grippers in my quest for the red.

OMG, that article was great! Im gonna go out and get a 20 ft length to scroll tommorow! (I meant to post this on another thread, but have no idea how to delete a post)

Edited by chrlslee1

My bending sux. I am finishing up a Clubbell protocol, but after hearing about KTA and what not. I was thinking to just specialize on Bendnig for 3 months. I need to bend the yellow. Greens, Timber Ties, no prob. 60Ds cannot do yet...Figure 3 months for just bending should do the trick? What do you guys think?

Where do you get your steel in Boston? I'm starting bending soon and I'm sure there's someplace cheaper than Home Depot. Right?

I go to Home D. I also get cheap Nails off people here on the board as well.