Gripboard Grip Bash Ix Rules

EricMilfeld

TIME

ooo1 May 15th through 2359 May 21st, 2005, Central Standard Time

EVENTS

Card Tearing

Using only your bare hands, tear in two as many plastic coated playing cards as you are able. If a card tears in two before the entire deck is torn it must remain with the rest of the deck. Your elbows may contact your body above the waist, but no part of your forearms or hands may contact any part of your body. The tear must be completed within one minute. The Crown brand of playing cards, available at Wal Mart in packs of two for a dollar, are recommended for use.

Bending

Using the Gripboard's bending rules pinned in the bending forum, bend the shortest 1/4" thick grade 5 hex head bolt you can. The length of the bolt must be a multiple of 1/8". For example: 6", 5 7/8", 5 3/4", etc. The bolt's length shall be measured from the bottom of the head to the tip of the threads. So the thickness of the bolt's head will not factor into the length measurement. Make any cuts to the threaded end of the bolt only.

Vertical Bar

Using a 1" outside diameter smooth metal bar, grasp with one hand and lift atleast 2" off the floor. Insure that no part of the hands or fingers extend lower than 7" from the top of the bar. No hook-gripping is allowed. Maintain your grip of the bar as you return it to the floor. Contest both individual hands.

SCORING

A points system will be used in which the winner of each event will receive 10 points. All other points will be calculated by dividing the non-winning "lifts" by the winning lift, and then multiplying by 10. A lifter will receive a total score by adding the scores of the three "lifts" to determine ranking.

For each card torn 2 pounds will be awarded.

The following poundage ratings will be awarded according to the length of bolt bent:

6"...........100 lbs

5 7/8".....102 lbs

5 3/4".....104 lbs

5 5/8".....107 lbs

5 1/2".....110 lbs

5 3/8".....114 lbs

5 1/4".....118 lbs

5 1/8".....123 lbs

5"...........128 lbs

4 7/8".....144 lbs

4 3/4".....150 lbs

4 5/8".....147 lbs

4 1/2".....154 lbs

4 3/8".....162 lbs

4 1/4".....170 lbs

4 1/8".....180 lbs

4"...........190 lbs.

3 7/8".....212 lbs

3 3/4".....224 lbs

3 5/8".....239 lbs

3 1/2".....244 lbs

3 3/8".....264 lbs

3 1/4".....284 lbs

How To PM Results By Example

Eric Milfeld (Gripboard nickname here if applicable)

47 cards PR

5 1/4" bolt

v bar right: 210 pounds

v bar left: 195 pounds PR

Additional Notes

Please use only regular gym chalk as a grip aid. Report your vertical bar lifts in pounds, including the weight of the apparatus. Denote any personal records you achieve in the competition by placing a "PR" after the applicable lift in your results. You may take as many attempts as you like during the course of the week of competition. Do not e-mail your results, but rather, PM me. All PMs must be in my box by 2359 May 21st. The contest is open to all Gripboard members in good standing. Thanks for your participation, and enjoy the spirit of friendly competition as you strive to achieve your best!

Eric,

For card tearing is this one tear (most cards done in one try under one minute) or multiple (example tear 10 decks one at a time in a minute)????

Greg

A single tear of as many cards as possible in one minute.

Franky knows. He always knows. :tongue

Yep, a simultaneous tear of as many cards as you can muster, that must be completed within one minute from start to finish.

Look at Greg trying to make it a volume event. I've heard about you. :laugh

Franky knows. He always knows. :tongue

Yep, a simultaneous tear of as many cards as you can muster, that must be completed within one minute from start to finish.

Look at Greg trying to make it a volume event. I've heard about you. :laugh

Nah, I am screwed either way, but Dave can tear a deck in like 2 seconds. So if it was multiple it would be an insane abount of cards. I can't contest the VBar left handed. That hand just so happens to be connected to my left shoulder... I may compete but with my tearing and lousy right handed VBar my expectations are 0....

Greg