As I Was Saying

LAHotSauce

If anyone is interested I just heard from the vegas tourney and it looks like the supers went first place Matt Girdner, Second place Travis Bagent, Third place John Brzenk.

Told ya he could be beaten :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kyle102887

• LAHotSauce

• jad

• dadams

If anyone is interested I just heard from the vegas tourney and it looks like the supers went first place Matt Girdner, Second place Travis Bagent, Third place John Brzenk.

Told ya he could be beaten  :D

Man.....I just gotta see the armtv vids now......I can't wait....espeacially to see John pull all the big guys......that out weigh him by like 50 pounds.... :D

Last I heard arm TV was not filming the vegas tournament. They couldnt due to the fact that fox sports was filming. Thats the upside, it will be on fox sports.

Last I heard arm TV was not filming the vegas tournament.  They couldnt due to the fact that fox sports was filming.  Thats the upside, it will be on fox sports.

ohhhh well......it's gonna be on April 22nd I hear...

Told ya he could be beaten  :D

Did anyone hear him yelling "I am the greatest of all, I am king of the world!" after that?

I personally like watching Travis in action. He certainly puts on a good show.

From what I have seen he appears to be doing a lot of good for the sport in terms of promotion.

• 1 month later...

I saw Travis Take Ron Bath down about a year and a half ago. Made it look easy he like he usually does, but dave Randell. that was a different story. Travis is one of the best things for the sport. If you had everyone going around not being cocky and being modest all the time it would be boring. Not saying Ron Bath, John brzenk and others are boring. they are some of the best in the sport. But you need to have some action and some rivalry. John Brzenk (good guy) VS Travis Bagent (Very Cocky Arrogant guy who's really freakin good)

Those are the matchs people like. I do notice though everytime Travis is armwrestling John he sorta get's quite ;) . anyway Thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

• 4 months later...

Travis reminded me of Muhammad Ali in that video lol, never heard his voice before, didn't kno anything about that.

As a boxer, BTW, I disagree w/ that statement made by foggymountainmuscle. There is quite a difference between showmanship and putting on a show, and if you ask me, Ali was more concerned with getting in the other guys heads. Besides, Ali did a lot to popularize the sport, he made it fun to just WATCH again.

Just my two cents. < <

I have known travis along time and I agree it's an act but he can back up what he says.

I think travis is 6'3'' 300lbs?

:mosher

I can't seem to find where I posted this, but I saw Travis armwrestling in some old 2004 footage on espn.

He is so cocky and arrogant its ridiculous.  Is he a good armwrestler?  Obviously.

Some say confident, I say downright a poor attitude and he needs to be more professional.  There's nothing wrong with getting fired up like Mike S, and many others I see, but he takes it to another level.

He should take sportsmanship lessons from Ron Bath, a true class act.  Personally I'd love to see Ron Bath slam him and just pat him on the arm like the does after every match and just walk away.  Then let me see Travis flex those big silly arms and tell the world he's the greatest.

I don't know much about him, I just remember watching him take his hand off the peg wen he beat Christian Binnie, and not get called.

• 1 month later...

travis is great for the sport.

for a sport to grow and reach new fans and to gain new sponsors -- excitement is needed.

the press loves controversey--and personality.

i hadn't followed armwrestling for more than 15 years-- then bagent reeled me back in.

Edited by BigPaulFromCityHall

• 4 weeks later...
True, I don't know him.  I can only judge him by what I see.

It just comes off as cocky and arrogant.  He isn't in peoples faces yelling and screaming, but he appears to be the only one that carries on like that.

Doesn't look good on national tv.

a large part of competition is psychological

It just comes off as cocky and arrogant.  He isn't in peoples faces yelling and screaming, but he appears to be the only one that carries on like that.

WHAT A DRASTIC CONTRAST BETWEEN THE TWO OPINIONS:

I was waiting in line today while my wife and daughter were spending money :(

when I looked down to see one of the supplement advertisements books that have a few articles in between sales pages. Oh I meant a MUSCLE MAG. :tongue

Muscle & Fitness Dec 2005 issue I saw a little spread on Travis Bagent and they described him as the most laid back guy out there. Even said when he bounces at the club and things get rowdy he is more apt to say "Can you kill me tomorrow, so I can say goodbye to my family" rather than I will stomp a mud hole in your ass then walk it dry (my saying not his words)

I don't know his actions well enough to have an opinion about this I just thought it was interesting to see how an everyday person perceived him on TV and what a well known magazine would portray him as through the pen.

WHAT A DRASTIC CONTRAST BETWEEN THE TWO OPINIONS:

I was waiting in line today while my wife and daughter were spending money :(

when I looked down to see one of the supplement advertisements books that have a few articles in between sales pages. Oh I meant a MUSCLE MAG. :tongue

Muscle & Fitness Dec 2005 issue I saw a little spread on Travis Bagent and they described him as the most laid back guy out there. Even said when he bounces at the club and things get rowdy he is more apt to say "Can you kill me tomorrow, so I can say goodbye to my family" rather than I will stomp a mud hole in your ass then walk it dry (my saying not his words)

I don't know his actions well enough to have an opinion about this I just thought it was interesting to see how an everyday person perceived him on TV and what a well known magazine would portray him as through the pen.

It's all a show for TV to get the fans hyped up......I know when he's carrying on and shit it gets me hype.

I pulled left arm against Travis at Pull at the Plaza 2 in Las Vegas last April. I'd been training for 4 months and entered the contest for experience. Travis was my 1st competitor and he beat me. In between matches we did talk and he is a very nice person and we had a good chat. He changes mode once at the table. and I think alot of it is 'show'. I hope to see hom again at PATP3 on April 21st, 2006. However I am entering the Grand Master's event only and plan to make a better showing. JGH

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, Binnie, that's him.

They showed a clip of Binnie pinning him in 2003 to take some title. But for the most part its been Bagent with the wins.

I'd like to see Bath bulk up some more, or Bagent trim down and somehow them end up in the same weight class. I think it would be a good match.

Ali's behavoir was deplorable and a discrace to himself and his sport. No sport should have to sell its soul to sell tickets.

I agree with you on that.

Ali was a great fighter, one of the greatest of all times. But...... Tyson in his prime vs. Ali in his prime........... Tyson makes meat soup out of Ali.

Bagent is simply doing the Ali thing. This "King of the world" thing is laughable.

No matter what you think of Ali, Ali beats Tyson 100 out of 100 times if they fought. It would end the same way every time, with tyson somewhat competative early, and then sometime after the sixth round Tyson crawling around the floor after being punched about thirty times in a row in the head. Tyson could not have beat Foreman and Liston, and I see Frazier giving him a beating 7 out of ten times. Tyson was overrated.

Yeah, Binnie, that's him.

They showed a clip of Binnie pinning him in 2003 to take some title. But for the most part its been Bagent with the wins.

I'd like to see Bath bulk up some more, or Bagent trim down and somehow them end up in the same weight class. I think it would be a good match.

Ali's behavoir was deplorable and a discrace to himself and his sport. No sport should have to sell its soul to sell tickets.

I agree with you on that.

Ali was a great fighter, one of the greatest of all times. But...... Tyson in his prime vs. Ali in his prime........... Tyson makes meat soup out of Ali.

Bagent is simply doing the Ali thing. This "King of the world" thing is laughable.

No matter what you think of Ali, Ali beats Tyson 100 out of 100 times if they fought. It would end the same way every time, with tyson somewhat competative early, and then sometime after the sixth round Tyson crawling around the floor after being punched about thirty times in a row in the head. Tyson could not have beat Foreman and Liston, and I see Frazier giving him a beating 7 out of ten times. Tyson was overrated.

Maybe a little but let him punch you in the face.....and maybe you'll have a different oppinion....

I could not see, Ali beating Tyson, and I have watched many a classic fight.

Floating like a butter and stinging like a bee is no match for floating like a battleship and stinging like a howitzer.

I could not see, Ali beating Tyson, and I have watched many a classic fight.

Floating like a butter and stinging like a bee is no match for floating like a battleship and stinging like a howitzer.

Watch Ali's fights from 65, 66, 67...there's no comparison...and Ali takes a punch much better...and is 10 times mentally tougher. The first time Tyson ran into some determaned fighters with some skills he was done. His weaknesses were exposed...short reach, not a great mover, can't fight going backward, and is not good when he gets hit a good shot. Forman in his prime eats him alive, he would push him back, back, back,and boom..lights out

When Tyson was in his prime and "on" (remember Buster Douglass), forget about it, Ali, Foreman, Frazier, they're all just victims on the hit list. Tyson broke vertebrate in Golatta and Tyson was waaaaay past his prime at that point. He doesn't just knock people out, he flat out hurts people. Ali was never hit with anything like Tyson brought.

When Tyson was in his prime and "on" (remember Buster Douglass), forget about it, Ali, Foreman, Frazier, they're all just victims on the hit list. Tyson broke vertebrate in Golatta and Tyson was waaaaay past his prime at that point. He doesn't just knock people out, he flat out hurts people. Ali was never hit with anything like Tyson brought.

The young Foreman hit as hard or harder than Tyson and was much bigger. Remember how he manhandled all the great heavyweights of that time, Frazier,Lyle, Shavers,Norton...he destroyed them. There was no such competition for Tyson in his prime. The young Ali..the one who beat Foreman..would have beaten Tyson , no question. Remember as soon as Tyson fought someone who wouldn't go backwards (Douglas and Holyfield) he was toast. Ali would have sidestepped him and had his way with him. What Douglas did was nothing compared to what Ali would have done. Tyson was great, but the competition wasn't there for him.

If Mike Tyson had the determination and motivation of lets say Bernard Hopkins, then he would have never lost to Buster Douglas. Tyson had many demons many within himself. Which I believe limited his potential to become the best fighter he could be.