Tuesday

TX5(warmup)

Strapholds with #1(hold for 10 seconds) X 2times

#1 for reps

Friday

TX5(warmup)

Ivanko Supergripper X 5

Ivanko Supergripper(inverted) X 5

Any feedback would be appreciated! Am I doing too little or too much?

James Anacleto

I think most guys would say that you can only know for sure what works best by trying it. Maybe for a routine like the one you put up, you might need more or less volume for the frequency, or keep the volume the same & adjust the frequency. A bunch of strangers on an internet forum can't know you better than you know yourself. I'd say you're overtraining if you're training often but not improving, so  back off a bit if that happens.

More strap holds sets. At least 5 sets. I presume you work the Ivanko gripper for 5 TOUGH singles which is good. Forget the reps on the #1.

Tou - I'm not doing 5 TOUGH singles. I'm doing 5 reps on the ISG and then another 5 with the ISG inverted. Workout time is about 13 minutes or less. 3 minutes rest between sets.

I'm 1/4" away from closing the #2. I couldn't even close the T when I got them, it took me about 6-9 months.

james anacleto

James,

BEFORE you do any training on your training days.... pick up the #2 and see if you can close it.  Blow everything you have into mashing that gripper!  :crazy  :crazy

This will tell you where you are in terms of training.  I would do more timed holds and forget the reps; they'll do little for you (unless you're making gains on them.  IMHO, they are a waste).  Get a grip machine if you can - this will REALLY help your progress.  Also MOHS is REQUIRED reading!!  :D

BTW, what are your grip goals?  To someday close the #3?

Sybersnott - Thanks for the tip. Every time I try the #2 on a 'good day'(3-5days rest), I still can't make it past 1/4". I should concentrate more on strapholds. I also have a copy of MOHS-I've read it a million times!

For my crush workouts I only do 2-3 worksets and 1-2 warmup sets as above. I follow a hardgainer routine. I like it abbreviated!

omniexist - My favourite is VEGETA - the saiyan prince! IMHO he should be the MAIN character!

My grip goals:

Close the Beefbuilder - Super Elite

Close the Ivanko Supergripper(ie innergrip&outergrip and inverted&standard).

Maybe in the near future I might include some pinching. I wanna pinch 2 45s!

James

James, everybody wants to close the BB Super Elite. Everybody wants to bench 850, squat 1300, deadlift 1100. Everybody wants to bend a 1/2 x 6" cold rolled rod.

Set yourself realistic goals for the moment. Embark on the journey to the #3 and see how long is the road.

Realistic Goal:

Close the #2 this year.

I'll be happy if I close 1 gripper level a year(ie 2002-#2, 2003-Master, 2004-#3!!! etc.... Super Elite!!!)!

Patience is the key!

James