My First Grade 8

GatorGrip

www.gripboard.com

This is my first Grade 8 1/4"x6" Hex Bolt. I was blessed to bend this bolt on my 85th day since I started bending on January 14, 05. I started with the Green Nail and now a Grade 8 "God is Good!" friends. I would also like to thank all those like VeGripper, Big Steve, gamidon, FrankyBoy, dave, deaner and DAN plus all those of you who have encouraged or motivated me directly or indirectly your names would go on and on. This was my goal for April and next is the 7" CRS Square Stock.

MAY WE ALL TRAIN WITH LITTLE PAIN AND MAXIMUM GAIN!

GatorGrip

wow man thats some insane progression.

you must have had a solid strength base before u started to bend

thats amazing i hope to bend somethin that crazy on my 85th day :)

keep it up man

Wow, I'm impressed! At this rate the red will go down real soon. Wonder if you'll have one bent before I finish typing this. Keep doing what you're doing! :bow

Yes, that's exceptional progress Walter! You've obviously been very focused and determined. Congratulations!!!

:blink

Man, you're catching up freakingly fast.

7" square will be yours very soon.

Then the Red.

Then the FBBC.

:rock

Congrats Gator, that is great! I was wondering what other kind of trainning do you do and what got you into this type of stuff?

Keep after it,

Mike Buck

:flame good going gator keep up the good work Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

congrats Walter thats impressive :bow such a short time too God Bless

Congrats Gator, that is great! I was wondering what other kind of trainning do you do and what got you into this type of stuff?

Keep after it,

Mike Buck

In a way this is an embarrassing question to answer. I have only focused on bending and I know I should be doing the levering and other exercises to help me get stronger. I plan on starting to lever but the bending is so much more fun. Although I have some weights I have collected I can't get my butt in gear to use them with any regularity or haven't yet. I don’t consider going to the gym a few times a year, over do it and be in severe soreness for a week or more really weight training. The only thing that has been constant in my last 13 years is Army led physical training (mandatory) push-ups, sit-ups and running. My best-recorded APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test) was a push-up score was 91 counted out of 101 done in 2 minutes 91 counted by the grader because they have to be in really strict form both up and down which is at the discretion of the grader. Sit-ups were 87 in 2 minutes and 13:11 in the 2 mile run. Now these are nowhere near as good as some have achieved but that is my tested personal best. I also have made some grip strength devices based on John Brookfield’s ideas and a little of my own but I seem to like to design and build them rather than really use them. I know it is shameful on my part.

You want to know the God's honest truth how I got into bending. Well I am battling a Major Depression disorder and I found little to no enjoyment in my life. I really believe God led me to this in his mysterious way and has blessed me to find something that would give me some instant gratification to make me feel some joy in my life. In this he led me to the gripboard and encouraging people and helping others has been one thing that has always given me some true level of satisfaction so I found a place that allows me to sincerely do this for my fellow brothers of strength. So I keep encouraging and bending and it has helped me feel better. I love how we are all from different places, creeds, colors and levels of strength yet we all add something to this endeavor and is a great place of motivation.

Well that is the truth my friends as sad, shocking or strange as it may be to some.

Thanks for all of yalls support and encouragment it has literally been a life saver for me.

Walter

Very proud of ya gator, you post alot encouraging others to do their best and now it's time for you to accept all our praise of this awsome PR.

That's a great story and I am glad you shared it.

Thanks,

Mike

Fantastic work, Walter!

It almost seems odd how we progress at the same pace - I just did my first 6" G8 as well over at Gamidon's today, making us tied up for where we've gotten to PR-wise. You've come a long way in a big hurry, so keep it up because the red won't be too far off for you!

VeGripper