Tendonitis

Guest Old Guy

What Kingpin suggests! I know from experience! It works for me,Hope it gets better Old Guy. Go to back pages about a month or so ago,we had a great thread on this!

JJ

Guest JSallee

What is Brufen, or did you mean Rufen?

I say along with the Tiger balm and rest, also ice the area.  Ibuprofen 400mg every 4 hours,but do not take for extended periods, more than a few days at that dosage.

You can also try Aleve or any other non-steroidal anti-inflamatory.  These are all non-prescription.

Guest 115-1005574997

Tight Tubigrips (compression of the area) during lifting and for a few days after helps, as does ice for 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a day to decrease inflamation.  Try to massage the area regularly throughout the day as tendinitis, in my experience, is often caused by lesions and scar tissue building in the surrounding muscles thus making the joint less flexable and placing greater stress on the tendons.  Also stretch the wrists 3 or 4 times a day and do finger extensions with rubber bands as this will work the antagonists and get some nurishing blood pumped into the area.  Combine that with the ibruprofen, tiger balm, maybe 800mg of glucosamine 3 times a day and 600mg of MSM 3 times a day you have covered all the bases.

Good luck and let us know how you get on as tendinitis is NO FUN :(

Brufen is just a pharmaceutical make. They are very good. My mum is a pharmacists and she recommends this brand so do many other doctors BUT this brand might not be sold in the country that you are living in.

Most pain etc. is accompanied by inflammation which makes the problem worse and hinders healing so it should work well for tendonitis but I would consult my doc on that.

You could also try some reparil gel or voltarin gel again if you can get it in your country. :D