6''x5/16 G2

mossman

im my quest for the G8, i stumbled upon some of these bolts today...i was wondering if anyone knows where they stand.....i know that im very close to the G8, but with as sore as i am right now i cant even bring myself to wrap one of these up to try it out....anyone wanna help me out with this?

From the ones I've done, they feel on par with a 6" G5, maybe just a bit harder, but once they bend a bit they go down quickly. Fun if you want something thick to work with that's way easier than a red, but they're definitely not as hard as a G8, that's for sure.

VeGripper

I have to agree with my friend VeGripper on this one.

Their big but not that bad. I would imagine you would warp it with ease if you are on the edge of the bad boy Grade 8. I did one of the Grade 2 6''x5/16 bolts close to the end of a bending session and it fell with not much fight.

Strongmans website Check it out for Yeild Strengths of different materials

http://home.insight.rr.com/strongman/yields2.html

6 5/16 Grade 2 Carriage Bolt (cut from 8 in. bolt) at 220 pounds of Yeild Strength

Besides my young warrior you are stronger than Horseradish so I have no doubt you would kill it quick. :cool

Edited by GatorGrip

I'd say between a 6" grade 5 & a 5.5" grade 5. Like VeGripper said tough start, easy finish. Look impressive & they feel good. Fun, one of my favorites to bend for people. Easy enough to do cold w/o injury.

As with most bolts/nails, etc..there are a few exceptions so be careful.. Eric and I have checked out a 5.5 inch grade 2 bolt with "THE" stamped on the head. The feeling was fbbc stock all the way, a tough bastard! Warm up throughly before trying unknown stock.

As with most bolts/nails, etc..there are a few exceptions so be careful.. Eric and I have checked out a 5.5 inch grade 2 bolt with "THE" stamped on the head.  The feeling was fbbc stock all the way, a tough bastard!  Warm up throughly before trying unknown stock.

Very much true - even with some of the FB G5s I've had with those that are shiny and those that are dull, you can feel a difference where one will take a lot more work than the others do. They may have the same markings on them, but sometimes you'll hit that one that just slaps you in the chops at the moment you've blown through a half dozen just like it. As with grippers, bending stock varies, too!

VeGripper

well, question answered...the battle is over...i bent 2 of them tonight, even though i was already racked in pain.,..one was about a 1/4 off center too......harder than a G5 @6'' though...damnit now i want some G8's....my dad can usually get some from his work, so i asked him to bring me some.....the longest ones he could get were 4 1/2'' long :blink he asked me if i wanted some 5/16 ones, because he could get those in 6 or 7'' lengths :mellow:mellow:whacked

Is it just me, or do some things on strongman's chard seem messed up?

It has a 6" 5/16 grade 2 bolt as just barely tougher than an ironmind yellow. That does not even seem close to right.

I wonder if he meant a 5/16" threaded grade 2. Usually lowes/home depot etc.. call the bolt w/ a round head and 90% threaded "carriage bolts" and the regular bolts we think of as "hex cap bolts". The 5/16 mostly threaded bolt would fall in btw. the yellow and the blue.