Michigan Bending Stock

jomcgui

Wondering where a good place to buy lengths of 3/16 square and 1/4 inch hrs. Been buying from home depot but is there a better place. I live in Detroit.

I have bought all my steel from the following: Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, and Tractor Supply Co.

Open your yellow pages and look up "Steel" "Steel Supplier" , etc....

-HH

Amen HH,

In my experience you can usually buy 4 times the length of steel at the steel supplier for what you will pay at a hardware store. If you are serious about bending you have got to the steel supply business for your bendables it just makes sense.

May you train with little pain and maximum gain! :mosher

GatorGrip

There is a steel supplier at 13 and dequinder in warren. Its called metal mart. I have bought some stuff there to make farmers and yoke and one of the guys there said he sometimes gets guys buying the 10 foot sections of the rod for bending.

586-977-5820 Give them a call and see if they have any good prices for it.

Stopped by metal mart earlier today and right on :mosher the place has great supply of bending stock. Bought 12 ft of 3/16 square and 12 ft of 1/4 round for $10.60

sounds like a good deal! I still have some IM nails from the bag I bought plus I still have a completely untouched bag o nails my girlfriend got me for my birthday. I am laying off bending till after June 18 the great lakes strongman contest, but I will start up again to compete in the MI grip contest.

jomcgui, are you going to the MI grip? If you havent planned on it you should! I have not been to a grip contest yet so I am excited to try one.

Where are you at in bending right now?

right now I'm pretty consistent with the 5" 3/16 square. every once in a while i can get a 1/4 round or yellow nail. AndI'm definitly thinking about checking out the grip contest in august. too.

Ha, you should compete!

Really, it is a great time, and regardless of the results we have all been driving each other to much greater levels of performance every year.