Other Grip Programs

deaner

Is there any other tried and true grip programs such as KTA? I'm looking for something to do for a while after KTA before I start another round of KTA. Right now I'm just thinking about doing alot of choker work because it'll be something new that I haven't done, probably in the range of 10-20 singles every other day or so, maybe even 5x a week.

at marunde-muscle Jesse has a pretty simple program. On the other hand, I think there is not a more specialized program than the KTA out there.

Hey deaner

:mellow Do those choker closes allow you to recuperate faster, or something? 10-20 singles at 5 days/week sounds like a lot of volume for full power work. Do you feel they are that much different than just the full sweep by itself?

And the J.A.G workout. One to two reps and day.

An exteme workout for serious gains.

Hey deaner

:mellow Do those choker closes allow you to recuperate faster, or something? 10-20 singles at 5 days/week sounds like a lot of volume for full power work. Do you feel they are that much different than just the full sweep by itself?

Have you checked out KTA? Thats a bunch of volume! I would have a total single goal for the week, and break it up through the week, and yes, aiming for 50-100 singles a week. I think the choker closes would be easier on the skin, so no super glue. I know I saw a guy on here doing a whole bunch of singles, way more than I'm talking. I'll use choker singles, and blob attempts for my thumb strength. Maybe mix in some blob strabholds.

And the J.A.G workout.  One to two reps and day.

Lets hear some more about the J.A.G. workout. I am completely unfamiliar. Think maybe I saw a picture of an adjustable gripper called JAG. Whats the program?

Do you get weaker from the lack of rest- or does the fatigue plane out after some time with it? :unsure

Ofcourse, sorry moon, totally forgot about the infamous JAG!

Yeah, I have to use my hands all the time. That J.A.G. aproach sounds more up my alley.

Lets hear some more about the J.A.G. workout. I am completely unfamiliar. Think maybe I saw a picture of an adjustable gripper called JAG. Whats the program?

Visit the Web site(http://mooin3.piczo.com)

And email after you look

im using a J.A.G. right now on my #3. it makes the gripper harder depending on how tight you turn the hose clamp, so you can gradually get stronger. It works well. BIG IF i get the mm1 J.A.G. played a big part.

Yes the J.A.G. has a Workout program and highly effective.

There a workout its only 6 weeks old. It makes for a better focus to know where you are going and which way to turn. And you can achieve your gripper goals.

And very sure that you can do. But the J.A.G can surpise you some times daily. It hard to believe that you are doing it some that would have taken a long time.

In general some of us has gripper and repping the gripper all day long and 4 years later your still cannot close the #2. Or you try getting an expensive machines and nothing happens till long after. Some people repped the gripper like I did the #1 for 70 or more reps and no #2. And there the gift ones who work at the gripper in a short time and close the #3. Not many people can do that so what you doing to do.

Do you get weaker from the lack of rest- or does the fatigue plane out after some time with it? :unsure

I find that I am stronger towards the end of the week, when I should be weaker due to what I see as overtraining. The KTA program hurts but I really think everyone should try it. Its opened my eyes to what the hands are capable of handling in terms of volume. I guess you could say I'm improving while being in an overtrained state, in theory, I should really see some gains when givin adequate rest. I think this program breaks down more than the muscles, the tendons and ligaments get broken down as well. The potential for injury must be much higher than with a more conservative program, but the potential for gains is higher too. Only time will tell for me..

I find that I am stronger towards the end of the week, when I should be weaker due to what I see as overtraining. The KTA program hurts but I really think everyone should try it. Its opened my eyes to what the hands are capable of handling in terms of volume. I guess you could say I'm improving while being in an overtrained state, in theory, I should really see some gains when givin adequate rest. I think this program breaks down more than the muscles, the tendons and ligaments get broken down as well. The potential for injury must be much higher than with a more conservative program, but the potential for gains is higher too. Only time will tell for me..

Instead of the Strap Hold you can use the J.A.G on a gripper and work very good that way too. break down the KTA ptrogram by half in the Mornings and the othe halg in the evening.