check this out

AP

http://www.atomicathletic.com/merchan....de=A201

boy that's expensive!

in this you get a machine that's less effective than a bar for wrist curls, a pda wrist roller w/ a pin also for levarage work, and a few plates for loading and pinching...all that and for only 10times the price!

but check out atomic athletics other stuff- cool

That's outrageous.  Anyone buying that should have their head examined!  :hehe

I'm guessing the only people buying those are gym owners.  I don't think that is meant for home use.  Does anyone know how much a similar 4 station grip machine from sorinex costs?

I remember seeing that a while ago while looking through their site.  It really is crazy.  But, I haven't seen a machine for suppination.  I drew up ideas for one about a year ago thinking I had invented it, but I found this, and saw I was wrong.  I wonder what training suppination hard for a long period of time would do.  My theory is thicker biceps and stronger wrists for bending steel.

Anyone know anymore about suppination training?

Michael Falkov

Guest danreeves

Thats a high dollar toy they have there.  

I think it'd be interesting if people sent in plans for their own homemade equipment they've come up with and someone then compared the apparant effectiveness of the home made gear with the high dollar machines.  

Right now I'm working on a device that'll combine a wrist wroller, thick handled leverage hammer, vertical thick bar lifter and hublifter in one device with only basically 6 parts to it, counting carbiners and rope.

Riotgrip-

Thats a sweet avatar!!!  Where did you get it and why arent the handles touching??? :D  :D  :D  :D

Rick Walker :hehe

Great news everybody!!!  :)  :)  :)

I'm selling the plans to this very machine, so you can build it at home!  Everything in the plan is included; I'll tell you where to get the steel, and how to build it.  Plans are only $549.00 plus $35.00 shipping.  A fraction of what that machine costs!!  Just send me your money through Pay-pal.   :p  :p

quick grip,

you can work suppination using a sledghammer or a leverage bar. pronation seems like the one that would be harder to work- possible though, just harder...

Guest danreeves

Can't remember my anatomy terms so please define suppination and pronation for me and how they relate to grip training.

4 years of college and all i remember is what i learned as a bartender.........LOL

Suppination is turning your wrist out.  Pronation is turning your wrist in.

I've done some sledge hammer suppination and pronation, and it does feel cool, but the torque changes dynamically (and dramatically) as you perform the exercise with any type of leverage bar.

I envision a handle in a wheel, attached to pulleys.

Michael Falkov

Guest kINGPIN

That is taking things just a bit to far.  it would have to be a seriously succesful gym to warrent purchasing such a huge piece of equipment when there are companies like PDA that can offer stuff like the gripinator at a fraction of the price.

Snott, do you accept Visa? ;)

Rick,

To answer your two questions.

1. I got the avatar from the weightlifter's warehouse website, I hope I'm not infringing on any copywrite laws.

2. The handle's aren't touching because it's someone elses hand closing the gripper, not mine :D