Elizabeth Talbot

Nathan Say

Nathan,

I am all over grip training, but not necessarily all over talking about it. Occasionally I post something, and I always reply if anyone asks anything of me. I look every now and then, and yes, I am very busy; I won't bore you by telling you what with! I enjoy reading certain strands, and I can always be contacted here,

Hope this answers your question

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I'm wondering (as I'm sure many of us are) what your max grip lifts are.  As well as other lifts too.  Not to sound sexist or anything, but I think its great when women get strong and train hard.

Michael Falkov

Michael

It doesn't sound sexist at all; I love being strong and training hard is part of the parcel! Well, for those of you interested, my basic grip lifts are

Two hands pinch lift : 80k (I want to pinch to 20k plates one handed this year)

Table Top Wrist Curl: about 160 - 170k, maybe a bit more, I haven't trained on this properly for a while though

One hand 1" Vertical Bar: 143k

I can close the #2 gripper for reps and hope to be able to do the #3 one day (probably a long way away, but you can only try!)

Other lifts take second place usually, but I trained on these a little harder when I was getting ready for the strongwoman contest last year. I've deadlift 160k for a single, I can bench a  fairly pathetic 70k (obviously not a favourite), and have bearhug deadlifted 98k.

Is this of interest?

Elizabeth

Guest 115-1005574997

Eliz

You forgot to mention how you beat all the 'boys' at the weekend on the wrist curl hold and your arm wresting achievments at this years world champs in Poland :)

I dont think you should worry too much about your benching considering you can pinch, crush, carry and curl more than 90% of the UK's male population and about 99.9% of the feamale populus! :)

Keep up the good work mate and Im just going to have to try some of your fantastic cooking at the next comp as that stew looked great.... but thats if Jake hasnt eaten it all by the time i get hungry :)

Scott

Scott, I'd say its probably something more like 100 percent of the female population and 99.9% of the male population.  Its quite possible that Elizabeth has the strongest hands of any woman in the world.

The other lifts are still pretty good.  They are WAY beyond most women, and above what many guys are capable of.

How DID you do at the arm wrestling competition Elizabeth?  How much do you weigh?

Michael Falkov

Michael,

I think she possibly has the strongest hands/wrists of any woman in the world. In Poland at the World Championship she did very well, placing 3rd behind 16 times world champ Vika Gabakova of Russia. She's already focused to improve on this position at this years worlds in St. Louis, U.S.A. Remember she was only 17 at this contest!

David

Elizabeth..... I'll be short and to the point!!

"Will You Marry Me?"  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Sybersnott - You're not serious???? How old are you?

Isn't she too young for you?

IMHO this is the first time I've seen someone propose on a public forum!

Good Luck!

JAMES

Hello Elizabeth!

I really hope that you can translate the book (about John Grün) which I send to David. It´s a very interesting book!

Arne Persson

Actually, I've seen pics of Elizabeth while she was involved in a competition - she's a cutie!!  If we do get married and have kids, they'll have a better advantage grip-wise than the rest of their friends!  :)  :)

Let's see..... he'll be closing the Trainer at four years old, the #1 at six years old, the #2 at nine years old, and the #3 at 11 or 12!!  Sorry Youngguy.... but that has even YOU beat!!!

P.S.- Elizabeth... please e-mail me at once to discuss where we will be going on our Honeymoon!!   :p  :p

Hey John I don't wanna piss on your fire or anything but she's already spoken for. Wink, wink. Oh, and yes she is a cutie, a strong cutie!

David

Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments: I've had a smile reading through them just. Sorry for the delayed reply, it's been a busy week.

Old Guy: what kind of wrestling are you talking about?! I've never thought of it, and never tried, but I'll give most things a go. I'm only 5' 8", but you got the weight about right (unfortunately).

Sybersnott,

thanks for your kind offer! Not a cutie at all I'm afraid. David only thinks so because he's biased. If we ever have kids, then I'm sure they'll have abnormally strong hands or defy all genetic laws!

Arne,

I've had a look at the book, it looks great. I may well base some of my A'Level work on it. I don't think my German is as good as your English I'm afraid!

That's me for now, any questions or advice for me, please don't hesitate!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I mean WWF style pro wrestling.

One of my daughters is 330 at 5' 10'' she would think you were petite ! My son and I are large too. Everyone else on both sides of the family are average height and weight or less. You never know how your children are going to turn out. I have another daughter who is very slim, who used to enjoy beating boys of her age or older in High School at armwrestling . Her boyfriend who works out, says he has never met a stronger girl (you are far stronger, but she is strong for sure)

Elizabeth,

Well.... if you're letting me down easy... er, o.k. - but you're letting a great catch get away!!   :D  :D

How is your grip training going along?  Are you moving away from that to concentrate on your other competitions?  What are your future plans regarding your training and your goals?

Good Luck - and I still think you are a cutie!!  :p  :p  :p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tobster

Elizabeth, I just wonder how much you can do in a full range of motion wrist curl (barbell or dumbbell), or in the farmer´s walk? How many reps with the No.2?

Hi,

Just a quick answer, in my current training programme, I do two hand full range wrist curls with a 2" bar off the end of a bench and I have been using 60k for about 20 reps. I have done the #2 for 3 consecutive reps (it was a very good day! )

Haven't done Farmers for quite a while, but used to trundle around with two 28k dumbbells when I was 11, and in the competition last summer (age 17) we used a 150lb weight in each hand. This was too light for me really, because it turned out that that event was a speed one, not distance.

I hammer curled 45k for 3 reps in training tonight, and usually use about 35k to 40k for higher rep sets. I always do reverse curls for high reps, say 20s- i find this more effective.

Elizabeth