Cursed Square Stock!

VeGripper

Went for my first PR since coming back from my palm injury a few weeks ago, and although it was a good start, I couldn't quite defeat the 1/4" x 7" FB square. Had a great initial DU kink that was one of my better ones, but it fell just short of being enough for me to get the transition to crushdown started, so that's as far as it went. Rested twice and gave it my all, but it wasn't meant to be just yet - but soon enough it will!

I do feel good about it, enough so that I had to post an image in the gallery to show that I actually bent it to some degree. 3 months ago I looked at it and said to myself there was no way in hell it would ever budge, only to now be closing in on killing it. Let's hear it for progress and determination!

VeGripper

If you've never before bent the bar to that degree, it's still a PR! Good work!

You ain't kidding you were on the edge of victory, but I still don't think this steel soldier survived to fight another day. He is pretty mangled and will be nothing more than a warm-up or cool-down in the future.

You inspire me Ryan and I am going to get that 1/4" x 7" FB square stock piece you sent me in the future in your honor. :mosher

Congrats as we both know even this can be legitimately called a PR because it has got to be a few degrees further bent than any prior attempt.

I have no faith in that square steel but I have all the faith in the world in you my friend! :rock

It wont be long now, that bar will be a memory soon.

Here is the problem though: There is always a next bar, the PR you just did can be made shorter, thicker, harder material... it NEVER ends...... Soon you will be hearing voices, think the bars are insulting you. The big 7/16" FBBC bar laughed at me, I swear I heard it....

Edited by gamidon

Great Job! :mosher

That piece of steel is beginning to show some weakness

against your strength. Next time it may not be so lucky.