#3 goes down

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

On Thursday, In front of my witnees, I closed my #3 ! But my pictures are not worth a darn. I always heard that was the hardest part. It was not an easy close. It stoped about 1/16" away. I then tried to put more on my little finger and together it went. So hopefully I can get a decent picture soon. Ok, now I need an Elite !   By the way, to the other guys that have done the #3. Can you close the three at any time you want. I know I am hit and miss on it.  Thanks again for all the help and encouragement !

Good job! Just got my #3  the  other  day and  got it  down to  an inch the first time i tried  it (yeah i  know an inch is a long way away). The #3 is a monster.

Congrats!  No, I cannot do any 3 I have "any time" right now.  Trying to do one every other day, probably.

For most, I think it also depends on which #3.  I have #3's of varying hardness to train with.

I can only close a #3 once every 3 or 4 weeks. So although I have closed it several times , I am a long way from being in a position to get a clear photo of it and consider certification.

Congratulations Harlan,

Well, now that the goal has been achieved I see you’ve found another hill to climb in the Elite.

Congratulations Harlan!!

Very well done!

Arne Persson

Harlan..... congratulations to you, my friend!!  Hard work and constant training did pay off like I told you!!  :)  :)  :D

As for closing the #3 anytime I want - no.  I give it a try before each workout to see where I am.  I am using my old #3, and it's a real toughie.  Didn't happen.  I think it's the toughest #3 that I have.  Oh barf!  :angry:  

As for the BB Elite..... hey, guess what?  It's like training to close the #3 all over again!  It's more like training to close the #4.  Got your e-mail to me, and I responded to it before coming to the board.  Again... give yourself a pat on the back!!  Good job!!  :)  :)  :)

Congrats Harlan!!!  Now, on to the #4.....

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Thanks alot to everbody. I got my pictures back today and you can see the close good, But you can't make out the #3. What if ant idea's do any of you have about getting a good picture. I had a good close 2 times on Sunday. You could hear a nice click. Need more static work I guess. I have good explosion al the way to close, But can't hold it shut very well .

Harlan,

Keep trying until you get that good picture.  I went through three rolls of film just to get it right.  You might just use one roll of film SOLELY for this purpose... then get to the end and develop it.  That way, you'll have at least one good pic of the close.

Guest DavidHW

Great job, Harlan.

My No. 3 is currently in danger of being hurled through a window. My last two workouts have brought the handles within 1-2 mm with no close. My wife's been witnessing it. Arrrrrrgh. Very frustrating. It's got a wicked skew to the closing angle that's not making things easy: even when I press the 3 together with my hands, the handles don't meet all that straight on; there's a definite "drift" to the touch. Oh well. That'll just make it more rewarding when I do close it.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the gym to do some very heavy forced negatives on the Hammer Strength machine. This thing *will* get closed, but for now, it's mocking me. :-)

David