Massive Timber Ties

most-muscular

I found some really massive timber ties at the local hardware store. :yikes They look just like the regular ones, but they are huge. They came in two sizes: 8" and 10". The thickness was about like 1/4" square stock.

Check out the pic I just posted in my gallery, comparing them to a regular one. (I must admit, I had to bend them over my leg to get them started.)

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2124

Has anyone else bent these before?

Edited by most-muscular

I think those Timber Ties are definitely on the juice or growth hormone. I can't say I have ever seen those monsters in the local hardware store.

Thanks for posting a picture of those Timber Ties they must be made for Paul Bunyan. :laugh

Those timber ties ( if they are like ones I've found) are very easy but very fun and a great warmup for bending big spikes.

I think those Timber Ties are definitely on the juice or growth hormone.

Careful talking about the juice, Gator, or the thread might get locked! :D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist tossing that one out! :)

VeGripper

Yes, those are available in 8,10,&12" versions. And, as previously stated, are a pretty easy "spike" bend. Those are a good one to work with and then start with 12" spikes or 24" pieces of 7/16" or 1/2" HRS/CRS. Good luck man. BTW, an 8" version would be one hell of an unbraced bend, I think. I have never really tried one cause my hands would be so wide I would be afraid of tearing a pec. And I know I can't do one Slim style.