Grip Decathlon

Hubgeezer

Wow, this contest is only 40 hours away, and there doesn't seem to be many entrants. In May, for my birthday, I went down to Venice to compete in the West Coast Grip Championships, and because there were so few competitors, I won.

That was before I joined the Gripboard, so I just figured that everyone got together and said, "let's give this old guy the contest, it is his birthday". I emailed Clay, and he told me there was no such conspiracy.

So I figure, if it worked in May, it can work again, so I would like to thank you in advance for giving it to me again. :mosher

As for Clay Edgin, well, he is going to be there, so I picked out the clothes I will be wearing, told my wife, and her reaction was, "he will either be intimidated, or that's really going to piss him off". Either way, it will rattle his game. :laugh Clay, I wouldn't dare wear this on the streets of Salinas, I would be shot on sight. :flame But LA, no problem. You guys think I am kidding? Nope, I am dead serious. :inno

Is this Grip Trash Talk? You betcha. I am excited about this contest, and it has generated 1/50th of the excitement of the GGC last September. California is just too laid back. :cool But what do I know? I am just an old

Hubgeezer

Hub Geezer,

As long as you like a second place.

I believe i may be your only direct competition at 47 years of age and in the 225+class.

And it won't be your birthday so expect nothing to be given to you.

Either way i look foward to competing with you.Good luck old man.

Geezer, if the shirt you're wearing is a Cafepress.com iron-on teeshirt with my picture on it, I'm electing you honorary Chairman of my fan club. And I'm going to pay for your first hour of therapy.

Okay, I will take it that Steve B and Clay are both entering. That means you guys will be getting 10 medals each. Congratulations, you can tell your heirs about your hard fought battle back in 2005.

Clay, very good, it is close to that. Sorta like having a photo of your dad on my t-shirt. You know, it creates a damn-I-am-going-to-get-my-ass-kicked-again type mindset on the Edgin psyche.

So, 3 entrants in this contest? Thanks, guys, I can't wait for my grandchildren to hear about this epic battle..."yes kids, I have 5 golds, 2 silvers, and 3 bronzes, I was the Carl Lewis of the grip world, back before grip became the International phenom that it is today. I was a pioneer in the sport. It was quite a battle back in Two Thousand and Five, and a close one. One time this phone-book-tearing lunatic, when they still made books out of paper, and he thought he was king of the West Coast, well, let me tell you something, well he blah, blah, blah..."

C'mon, no predictions? :help Nobody cares? :cry Clay Edgin wins everything? :angry: This is boring? :blink No competetive spirit? :mellow Are you going to let a geezer walk away with 10 medals? :laugh I need to go back to bed. :sleep See you on Saturday... :tongue

Hubgeezer :) Good Night All, it is way past my bedtime... :sleep

Sorta like having a photo of your dad on my t-shirt.

Wow, that's....creepy!

My prediction is that yet another SoCal grip freak will come out of the woodwork and stun us with feats of strength like last year's contest a la Dave Tharp. I hope to perform well. I haven't been training as hard as I'd like to because my mind has been on the move. I haven't really gripped to full exhaustion in a long time and would like to see how long I can perform before (1) injury or (2) complete failure.

My prediction is that yet another SoCal grip freak will come out of the woodwork and stun us with feats of strength like last year's contest a la Dave Tharp.

I know I said good night and that was it, but let me finish on a serious note. I received an e-mail from Kevin Meskew. He has 8 entries in hand. Usually there are walk-ons. So Clay, I tend to agree with you.

My guess is that there will be 10 competitors. So, that is a decent group. Great!

Thanks guys. See you Saturday.

Hubgeezer

Hub Geezer,

Are you useing reverse phsycology on us it sure looks that way.

Any way my motto is never underestimate any competitor and that goes for you to.

I can't wait for my grandchildren to hear about this epic battle..."yes kids, I have 5 golds, 2 silvers, and 3 bronzes, I was the Carl Lewis of the grip world, back before grip became the International phenom that it is today. I was a pioneer in the sport. It was quite a battle back in Two Thousand and Five, and a close one.

HG-

Sure, but you'll call it "ought-five." See you tomorrow.

Zach

Grip Decathlon-Quick report

This guy what was his name now??? oh yea Clay Edgin wins the +225 class and the over all and the best R.T pull award.Who would of guessed.Haaaa.

Zach Passman,Meatloaf and Kevin "handgripper man"Bussi gave Clay all he could handle.Jeff "Human Machine"Brodski took the under 200 class and Rick from Solvang taking second.

My self i took the 40-49 class since i was the only one in my class easy win.

In the 50-59 class Mike "Hub Geezer" won that class.My hat goes off to Hub Geezer who is very unassumeing looking and just went out and showed his crazy strength in the events.I couldn't believe his non stop determination.Just when you think he was done with a grip event after several trys and wouldn't be able to get the weight he pulls it off.Gotta be the strongest CPA in California and one real nice guy at that

Thanks to Kevin Meskew and the Power Palace for a great grip contest.