Dieting And Strenght Loss

Captain Crunk

I've been on a bit of a diet since the start of the month. I'm down 10 lbs so far. I knew to expect strenght loss in my big movements but Im noticing that even my grip has been suffering. Should I just expect to not make much gains for the time being.

I'm trying to get enough protien in. ~200g a day. anyone else ever gone through this?

How much u tryin to lose? If not a drastic amount forget about the all out diet and just hit the cardio hard. Eat chicken, drink water, and get on that treadmill. Throw some pasta in there, that's where your energy is.

If there is one thing I've learned throughout my wrestling career is that weight depends more on how hard you work than what you eat. Some guys eat all they want and just bust there ass in the gym, 30 miles a week on the treadmill and work up. Start out slow and progress. Others do minimum for cardio and diet hard and they lose a lot of strength, especially out on the mat.

I'd say your strength loss in mental right now bro. I've dumped 14 pounds in a day and a half and still felt good for my match because I worked to lose it instead of starve. Git-r-dun!!

captian,there is a 3 some page thread on this in the groemers forum.

alot of people would tell you,acording to the thread,that you gain stregth when you lose weight. lol

you must be abnormal.

what your experiancing is fairly normal for everyone i have known who lose some power when dropping weight.

if you need or feel the need to diet,do it. and then just concentrate on getting back what you lost for stregth.

I hear ya. I was on a very strict diet for 13 months. I did lose strenth also. Try and do the deit for a solid month then do a week eating a little more food and lift hard and that will slow the loss of strenth.I will tell you the weight loss is worth the strenth loss!

I have been leaning out as well. While my gym lifts have been OK my crushing grip has gone down. I'll admit that my grip training has been scarce so that has a lot to do with it as well.

I'm not too worried about it. i know that when i get to a desired bodyfat % that I will up my cals a little and I know that with proper training my grip go back up.

I hear ya. I was on a very strict diet for 13 months. I did lose strenth also. Try and do the deit for a solid month then do a week eating a little more food and lift hard and that will slow the loss of strenth.I will tell you the weight loss is worth the strenth loss!

The Zig Zag diet (Dr Squat) has always worked for me without any loss of strength.

I would bring my lifting down to 2-3 days a week. The days when I dont lift I eat 900-1500 calories, the days where I do lift I eat 3000 ~ 4000.

I've used all the time depending where I want to be weight wise and have always stayed between 165-205.

I cut weight regularly and feel eating mostly meat and vegetables, with running, will do the trick. If you want a diet, I think the Zone book makes the most sense.

As for the running, do it in three stages. Two days a week of long and medium distance/one day uphill sprints. The long distance should be a jog, the medium a dead run, and the sprints should range from 30-45 seconds. That should also give you enough rest, which we know is equally important, because you do other stuff with your body.

You will be strong and loose weight.