Is This Legit?

Dude

I played with one at a sporting goods store long before I started training grip/wrist, etc... and it was a joke.

There is a similar device sold at Wal-Mart called the Gold's Gym Forearm Exerciser that I recommend.

However, I think that using it to build your forearms (?)... it is more of a "wrist strengthening device", and that is the reason why I use mine.

The device is adjustable, so I immediately put mine on the next highest setting. I do 3 sets of 30 reps for each arm and if you do them right, you can get quite a workout with this thing. It is well-built and NOT a piece of junk by any means.

The only downside with this device is the lack of a complete ROM; still for the price, it's worth checking out. :)

I have one of those. Doing the regular wrist curls with it is a joke, but it can be challenging if you do reverse wrist curls with it on a hard setting.

when they first came out with this. it was called the wedge, made by a company called

Marcy. around 1988 is when i saw the first one. it can be helpfull. i would use mine in a super set.

set it at the hardest setting and do 50 reps each hand then wrist curls or wrist roller. repeat 5x's

good warm up or to finish with.

i have one, i tied rubberbands to it in such at way to add more resistance, it's definitely harder than it normally is but it's still not tough to do.

Edited by philthy

I have one and like to do it after a grip forearm workout as a finishinig exercise or cool down.Like the others said not really a strength builder but for the price 10 or 15 bucks it's nice to have with other grip/forearms equipment.

I have one and like to do it after a grip forearm workout as a finishinig exercise or cool down.Like the others said not really a strength builder but for the price 10 or 15 bucks it's nice to have with other grip/forearms equipment.

I found out you haffta do a lot of reps, either slow or fast depending on what you're acustom to, just to get anything out of it. For me it was at least 30 reps for 3 sets each arm. :)