Scrollwork Video Clips

VeGripper

Okay, seeing all the scrollwork that's been done lately has got me interested in that as well, but I have no idea how in the heck you even get started with it. I haven't seen much posted in the way of technique or suggestions for beginners, so I'm wondering, are there any clips posted here, or would any of you scroll champs mind shooting a clip or two to toss up this way? The more I can learn from the better, so if anyone has suggestions and a demo video for technique work I'd appreciate it!

VeGripper

Tommy-Here's a pic of Tommy Starting-

Here's a pic of Brookfield in the middle or finishing off-

Brookfield

He's another pic of Tommy in Bball's gallery-

Tommy again

Betweem these pics and The Gripmasters Manuel you should have a good idea.

I'd give bill a video but my digital camera only takes 30sec movies. That's why I only have one short movie in the gallery and no scrolling. Tommy's got a couple movies but he's having software problems between his camera and his computer. :devil

The main thing you need to do is practice with the easy stuff like 1/4" square and 3/8ths round. Bender also briefly talks about scrolling 3/8ths on his webpage.

When your practicing with the 3/8ths you need to start getting in the habit of saftey!

Don't laugh. If you're not paying attention to what your doing and you put yourself in a bad position the steel can flabbergastenpoopy you up. The first time I tried this I was bending a piece of rebar and it slipped and whacked me in the chest. :trout It hurt like a sonofabitch. I'm luck it wasn't my head. I've seen my brother get whacked because he wasn't being careful and he was very lucky he didn't get hurt other than his pride.

I had a buddy that wanted to try the 1/2 round and I kept yelling "STOP!" He was stress'n me out :whacked. After you've done the first bend keep it away from your damn head, if your grip slipps you're shit outta luck. All the rest of the bending will be done in you waist/hip area or on the ground. Also, use a towel like Brookfield suggests in GMM. You will probably want to use gloves as well for most of the scrolling.

Good luck,

-HH

I will try to shoot a video and post it, not that I am on class with any of these guys but it will give you another person to learn from.

Watch out with rebar, that crap is springy and will take your head off!

Alright, this took forever, but I loaded a crap load of ok pictures showing some scrollwork. It's a piece of 1/2"round HRS that's 4ft long. I hope this helps. I tried to show all the positions.

Scroll sequence

-HH

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

You guys who do this get the utmost awe and respect from yours truly! I cannot imagine the number of times in that sequence that most people would want to quit and say " I can't do it" That was some hard core work and super impressive. Thanks for sharing that Hammer!