Progressive pinchgrip....

1stCoC

In an effort to see what the "slip factor" of iron against iron was in the pinch grip I started stacking 10 lb. olympic plates to see how many I could hoist up.Also tried with 5 and 2 1/2 lb plates. MUCH harder than you would think and  a great progressive form of training without using much weight! I would like to see what some of the grip dogs out there can do! good luck! Sorin

Richard,

I have tried four 10 pound plates, and at one time 5.  I have never tried 5 pounders, but maybe I should!!

:D I have tried this and its great fun. :0

I also if the fancy takes me use a dumbbell of about 40KG and pinch lift it using both hands. The widths on these dumbbells are +/- 12-14cm per side.

I am also thinking of pinching a dumbbell using one hand alternating the side the other side of the db sticks out (thumb side and then finger side). I think this will work the pinch but also levering muscles all in one.  This would be similar to pushing a wheelbarrow using only one hand. What do you guys think? :D or  :crazy

I have tried 10's, but never 5's or 2.5's. It sounds like a really good idea, I will probably try it on my next wide pinch workout.

Richard, it's really good to see you hanging around here again.

Sounds similar to that guy in MoHS who doesn't add weight to his dumbell (or wrist roller-whatever it was), but wraps some more tape around it. I should try that.