Old Video Clips That Impressed Me

VeGripper

Anyone else here as impressed as I am with the 2004 clips of Dave Ostlund's DU bending? I mean, there's so time spent wrapping, no major setup and psyching - he basically drops the bar into the pads and tears into it in a flash, destroying it completely. I think I watched the clips at least a half dozen times to really take in how impressive they are, and it definitely gets me amped to keep up the rehab bending so I can tackle some harder stock again soon. For anyone who's looking for some added motivation, definitely go back to the old galleries because there's some gems in there!

VeGripper

Yes!

Besides Dave Mortons first #4 attempts, which I watched shortly after they were released, at a time when there was only one certified #4 closer, Ostlunds videos are the most impressive ones for me.

I did bend a Red but I've no clue how he's able to bend a Red like that. :bow

I watched these clips more than once, yes. :happy

Here's Ostlunds old gallery: David Ostlund for those having trouble finding it.

Edited by FrankyBoy

A few standout vids that come to mind with me are Shrug's underhand destruction of 3 reds, Jedd's old terminator style red bend, Pat's 5.5 and 5" fbbc bends, Clay's red cert...

and no doubt Dave's style is insane! :mosher

Edited by mmainlands

Ostlund's videos made me queezy the first time I watched them. I just kept waiting for his wrists to snap. My favorite part about the videos is that he's so intense he puts in a mouthpiece before he bends.

Dave's bends are really impressive, you're right. He doesn't do any wrapping, plus his wrists bend over so far his hands almost look like they'll break off.

Pat's old grade 5 video really impressed me for what is maybe an odd reason. He used what is now referred to as "Old Terminator style" which isn't really unique now, but watch it again and pay attention to his bottom hand. Most people seem to keep the bottom hand fixed and pull with the top one. Sure, he does that, but he also does sort of a wrist flick thing with the bottom hand to bend it more once the top hand has pulled almost as much as it can. That kind of wrist strength impresses me and I don't think I've seen others do that at all. At the very least I know I can't do that, even with nails that are somewhat easy for me.