Index Finger Pain

chrlslee1

My progress has been very slow recently due to taking days off because I have pain above my index finger during and after my workouts. Does anyone else have this problem?

Do contrast baths and use liniments on your hands till your hands adapt...and they will adapt. You might also try adding some extensor work if you are not currently doing that.

Edited by pdoire

I had the same problem when I first started bending often. For me, it was adapting (as others have mentioned) and reducing frequency a bit. I'm good for about 1 session every 3-5 days, but more often and I'll have pain in my fingers from it. It should get easier in time, but don't overwork it because I've found out the hard way that bending while hurt tends only to make you get hurt even more.

VeGripper

maybe your poking around the wrong hole with your index finger lol. just kidding. i had the same problem. i just took some contrast baths. took two weeks off. and it is way better. now my other index finger is starting to hurt. so, i will take a week off, and see how it goes from there.

I had the same pain you described when I was training to cert on the red. It got so bad that I was no longer able to do even one red, and this was after previously doing several in a session. As the others have said, rest and recovery is the key now. But, what I found was that I was extending my index fingers during the bend, and these unsupported index fingers were acting as the fulcrum for the bend and taking all the force. I found that concentrating on keeping both hands in a tightly clenched fist on each end of the nail helped, and the support from the fingers underneath helped alleviate the pressure on the index fingers.

Thnx for all the replys guys. I also tend to have some pain in my left elbow(im a righty). Why do you think that is?

I feel for ya with the elbow pain, I got the same thing now after doing a G5 yesterday without any warmup. the pain came immediately after the bend, so like a dumbass I did my regualar bending last night.....more pain.....lifted weights this morning.....more pain......you'd think my body was trying to tell me something eh!

I had the same pain you described when I was training to cert on the red.  It got so bad that I was no longer able to do even one red, and this was after previously doing several in a session.  As the others have said, rest and recovery is the key now.  But, what I found was that I was extending my index fingers during the bend, and these unsupported index fingers were acting as the fulcrum for the bend and taking all the force.  I found that concentrating on keeping both hands in a tightly clenched fist on each end of the nail helped, and the support from the fingers underneath helped alleviate the pressure on the index fingers.

Best post Ever!!!!!!! I think thats the reason my indexs hurt also. I decided to lay off everything grip for some time.