Blob Tossing

ryaneverk2

Does anyone here practice tossing their lesser blobs from hand to hand? If so, what are your best tosses (biggest blob tossed, time tossing or number of times tossed, etc)? I tried this tonight with a 25 pounder, couldn't quite do it. I want to eventually be able to toss it back and forth like a softball: with ease. :cool

Ryan

Sean Dockery does it with the regular Blob (50#) - it's pretty awesome to watch.

Sean Dockery does it with the regular Blob (50#) - it's pretty awesome to watch.

Wow! I've seen the video of him passing/weaving it between his legs, but haven't seen him actually toss it. That's incredible.

Hammerhead, what has tossing your 25 pounder so much helped you with? What kind of strength has it helped develop?

I just helps with being more exploseve in your wide pinch. Also, every time you catch it your grip will be diff. so that's a nice bonus too. It's a hell of a lot more fun than just doin' deadlifts with you hardest block you can.

-HH

I just helps with being more exploseve in your wide pinch.  Also, every time you catch it your grip will be diff. so that's a nice bonus too.  It's a hell of a lot more fun than just doin' deadlifts with you hardest block you can.

-HH

That's what I found, too. I tried it out last night.... I was sorta swinging it up, letting go, and then tried to catch it. It was actually a lot of fun.

at the very beginig of the Gripmass carol 2 video that is in the movie gallery. I caught the catch of the first rep that Sean dose with the blob and then he gos for one more rep and doesn't quite hold on. :D I am still amazed every time I see him do it. :bow go take a look.

Edited by nickr104

at the very beginig of the Gripmass carol 2 video that is in the movie gallery. I caught the catch of the first rep that Sean dose with the blob and then he gos for one more rep and doesn't quite hold on. :D  I am still amazed every time I see him do it. :bow  go take a look.

That's really impressive. You can just see the end of the catch. Awesome. :rock

Clip entitled "more Blob Lifting 8/30/04" There's footage of me tossing the 50.

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/album168

Best reps with a lesser blob is 20 with a 42.5 York. I've not tried smaller ones for more reps.

Tossing is way more fun than just deadlifting. I think my handstrength skyrockets when I'm consistently training tosses, but what do I know.

Sean, I watched that clip last night... AMAZING. It does seem like blob tossing may be one of the best exercises for overall hand strength, but hey, what would John Brookfield know anyway. :rolleyes:D 20 tosses with a 42.5 is incredible. :blink

I've been able to catch the 42.5 ounce just before it hit the ground I'm trying to practice on these more.It's fun for me because there is always a gamble that this time might be the time I catch it. I feel it helps gain the over pinch you need for alot of the pinch exercises. By the way for the record Doc is pretty modest I think he might know a few things he does some incredible blob handling :bow but thats my opinion and what I know is worth about 2 cents.