Will you enter a contest in 2002?

Guest scott essery

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you enter a contest in 2002?

• Specific Grip Lifting
    • Climbing
    • All Round lifting (USAWA / IAWA) with grip lifts in it
    • Feats of strenght ie. metal bending, tearing etc.
    • Two or more of the above

Guest 115-1005574997

Apart from the notes about David Hornes contests, Ive never really seen a thread or poll which guages who on here actualy competes or is going to compete.

It doesnt matter if its a national meet or a fun competition in the gym / climbing wall with your mates. If its you against someone instead of just you against the bar i think it would be interesting to know.

Scott, there are a lot of us that would probably enter a contest if there was one close-by. If I lived anywhere near someone like David Horne I would enter his contests every time he opened the doors. If someone near me had contests I would always go to try and to support what they were doing. However, since this isn't exactly a mainline sport now, grip contests seem to be few and far between.

Guest 115-1005574997

Baldy

Do you live near Kevin Fulton or any USAWA lads?

How about running your own competition if there arent any narby to go to.  Like has happened with Davids contests, its amazing who turms up after a contest is organised and we have proven it doesnt have to be ultra serious, in fact the more fun the better :)

I know it sounds daunting but why not give it a go? :)

Scott, I believe that Kevin is in Nebraska if memory serves. Me being in East Tennessee, that is quite a way to go. The idea of trying to organize a contest would be more feasible, but I don't see that in my near future.

I do think there would be some people come "out of the woodwork" so to speak, though, if a contest was held here.