Vice

uber44

I have been trying to put my grippers in a c-clamp vice to put a hose spring and a pda choker, put they keep coming out of the vice?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have been trying to put my grippers in a c-clamp vice... Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try using a vise, rather than moral depravity or corruption. :D:rolleyes

Just messing around... do what Hammerhead suggested, or squeeze it between your knees.

I have been trying to put my grippers in a c-clamp vice to put a hose spring and a pda choker, put they keep coming out of the vice?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

steel on steel won't work add 2 pieces of wood in between the vise insert your gripper and close it be careful it might spring out ;)

I push the gripper against a carpeted floor with one hand and put the choker on with the other. I didn't have any problem putting a PDA choker on my #3 that way.

A good rule of thumb I use is that you should only be training with grippers in a choker that you can squeeze past parallel with a shallow set. Parallel is about where you want the gripper to be in a choker anyway, so if you can't get it there on your own then it's probably too tough to train with in a choker.

great tip Clay and thanks

I use the chair I"m sitting on to help me close it to parallel. I just have one gripper leg on the chair, and the other leg in my hand with my fingers open (same way you'd hold your hand while trying to set it). This way I can close it with my bodyweight, and have my other hand free to slide on the choker.