Trying To Get Back In

MeatPlow

Hey everyone. Long time no speak. I have been off several months after some surgery that I have had to heal from. I bent a 60d the other day with a little effort but once it started to go it went good. This time around I want to do things a little different. I am going focus for a couple months on sledge levering and be really serious about it. I did way to much on the max attempts when I was bending last year and I ain't going to do it this time around. I want that grade 8 bad. It will be mine before the end of this year easily I hope. I was close last year as I kinked it a bit and just didn't have enough heart to keep the pressure on it to make it give way. When we meet again it will fall.

Jeff

welcome back. Smart approach to build a foundation. Keep us up to date on your progress!

W

Hey everyone. Long time no speak. I have been off several months after some surgery that I have had to heal from. I bent a 60d the other day with a little effort but once it started to go it went good. This time around I want to do things a little different. I am going focus for a couple months on sledge levering and be really serious about it. I did way to much on the max attempts when I was bending last year and I ain't going to do it this time around. I want that grade 8 bad. It will be mine before the end of this year easily I hope. I was close last year as I kinked it a bit and just didn't have enough heart to keep the pressure on it to make it give way. When we meet again it will fall.

Jeff

Congrats on the 60, which style do you use to bend? Have you sledge levered in the past? I spend way too much time also I think on max attempts and not enough time on volume / wrist work.

You're going to break that G8 soon!!

Great to have ya' back! I've no doubt you can nail that bolt this time around.

We know that not only will you beat the grade 8, but you will successfully kill Mr. Red very soon afterwards!

Edited by mmainlands

Thanks guys. If there is one feat of strength that is within my grasp I feel and thats a bend of a red. I just got to avoid being my own worst enemy when it comes to this. I need to have a game plan and stick with it. Thanks for all the confidence in me!

As you are getting back into the groove try bending a couple times/wk. Once high volume with something not too hard. Sounds like 60d's fit the bill for you.

Next work out try a few tough bends after your warmup. This worked pretty good for me when I started hitting bending hard.

-HH

Well guys check this out...here is from tonights workout log. I had to get it out of my system....

03-17-05

Partial Bench Press- 275x50@16:17

Barbell tricep extensions- 100x6x5

Pulldowns- 5x15

face pulls- a bunch of reps

grip work

bent 1 grade 5 6inch bolt

done some sledge levering

*Real good workout. I used 3 different grips on the partials. On the tricep extensions I did 2 sets each to the chin, nose and forhead. I paused for a 2 count on each rep of the extensions and I really felt it in my triceps.

On the grip work I am just starting back and I just had to find out where I stand. Well I now know that I can still do a grade 5 but nowhere as fast and efficient as I was months ago. I did surprisingly well though. This may be a good thing though because all I have now is 60ds and I ain't buying anything as far as grade 5 stock for quite some time. I am going to focus on sledge work more than the heavy bending for awhile.

JR