Where To Purchase An Inch Db Replica

Griptheseus

My fiance wants to know what to get me for completing my PhD work, and I thought that an Inch DB replica would be a good, permanent testament to completing that feat. It's also pretty poetic in a way, lots of metaphors there.....

Anyway, I don't want her (us, you know how $ works once the ring goes on) to spend to much dough, so I wanted to ask the experts where we should go for one.

Thanks,

Allan Jaworski

www.marylandweightlifting.com

SORINEX IS CHEAPER IN PRICE

Actually for the DB itself Iron Mind is cheaper ($270 to $285). I guess if IM charges over $115 for shipping than Sorinex is indeed cheaper.

Either way, if you're looking for a less expensive alternative, check out this:

http://www.fractionalplates.com/cgibin/eda...l&catalogno=9.5

No it's not technically an Inch DB but for the cost it seems to be a reasonable option.

Chris

Anyway, I don't want her (us, you know how $ works once the ring goes on) to spend to much dough, so I wanted to ask the experts where we should go for one.

Allan,

Your main concern is what she's going to think once you get it.

Four things she'll probably ask:

1) what is it?

2) what do you do with it?

3) why did you want THAT thing?

4) how much DID it cost again?

Convince her that it is a piece of weightlifting history... then closely watch the expression on her face.

If it is a look of anything other than complete joy - get out the ole blanky, cuz that means you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight! :blink:laugh

Allan,

Your main concern is what she's going to think once you get it.

Four things she'll probably ask:

1) what is it?

2) what do you do with it?

3) why did you want THAT thing?

4) how much DID it cost again?

Convince her that it is a piece of weightlifting history... then closely watch the expression on her face.

If it is a look of anything other than complete joy - get out the ole blanky, cuz that means you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight! :blink:laugh

Sounds like you are talking from experience Snott!! I had much the same reaction when the Millenium made an appearance at my house.

mine and my sons cost $428 dollars from ironmind including shipping to maryland the good thing was we split the price but still alot of $$$$$$but it will last forever :whistel

Shipping's the killer. Get it from the outlet closest to you.

Allan,

I went with the INCH loadable bell from Atomic Athletic. It loads with

lead shot from 50# empty up to around 200# full. I believe it went for around

$200 plus shipping. Train with the real thing and beyond!

John D.

Sounds like you are talking from experience Snott!!  I had much the same reaction when the Millenium made an appearance at my house.

Some women just don't get it. :(

You know there's gonna be some "friction" when one of the first things out of her mouth is, "Oh no... you're not gonna bring THAT thing into the house!". :dry

Women: :devil

Am I wrong?

Get it from Sorinex. You run the risk of it not being the right weight, but you will save money and if worse comes to worse and the DB is not the right weight, get on their asses and they will pick up the bad one and send you the good one ASAP.

ML

Save some money on shipping and have it shipped to a business. I had mine shipped to a trainer that I know at the gym and shipping was $65 to texas. If it came to the house (2 blocks away) shipping would have been around $120. Added benifit of having it shipped to a business is your wife doesn't have to be exposed to the invoice. :whistel I ordered it form Ironmind, but Sorinex is a stand up company as well.

Actually, my fiancee is very familiar with the Inch DB. After we got the shipping quote and total price from Ironmind I told her to forget about it, not worth the $ when we're planning on buying a house this summer. Anyway, she was disappointed! She really wants to get it and thinks it would be perfect for the entrance to the future home gym. We were planning on getting a plaque made which explained the history briefly, and challenged all who entered to attempt it. She really wants to get it, so we might reconsider. Another factor was the first available ship date, early in May. She was hoping to have it at my dissertation defense originally. which is April 1.

Are the castings from Sorinex from a different foundry? It was my understanding that one foundry made all of them, and they were just distributed by Sorin on the east coast and Strossen on the west coast.

By the way, to the poster above who said he had his shipped to Maryland - whereabouts are you at? I'm at the University of Maryland, and I'm from Perry Hall.