Failed Workout

FrankyBoy

First a big :bow to those who can bend that steel.

I tried 2 PRs today in preparation for my meeting on the 26th of march.

Well, I failed on both.

Check the following pic:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2035

I went for a 5.5" G8 and hit it off-centre, no chance for me to crush down that thing. Thats beyond my limit.

Then I went for the 7"x5/16" FBBC (Bastard) bar. I felt how it started moving but then it froze. No chance to get beyond that (approx. 10 deg.) point.

I then remembered first kinked Red 5 weeks ago and you can see that one the pic on the right top, below is the FBBC bar. The angle looks very very similar.

Even though I kinked the FBBC for the first time, I'm quite disappointed since I thought I would have been ready for the FBBC cert in two weeks.

Obviously I am not. :(

Franky...don't you dare give up!!! You can do this, don't get depressed about it. Get psyched. We all fluctuate in strength from day to day, that is normal. Don't allow it to get you down!! You have done some great feats and this will be just another one to add to your arsenal. Heads up!!

You were WAY off center for a short bend like 5.5".... Get that thing centered and you got it! Power through the sticking point on that FBB, you can do it. Attack the nail. YOU have the strength, this was just an off session. Sometimes you get more out of these than you do a PR. Take lemons and make lemonade. Stick to it!

FrankBoy,

In just the short time I have been a board member I have watched you progress fast and furiously. You even have gave me advice when I wrote you in that German/English message. You are doing awesome and have inspired me as well as others I am sure. Be the a bending leader like you should be-accept the off days and assess the whole session. It sounds like you were:

1) Not fully recovered or in your groove that day

2) Bent a hell of a nail off center, making it even more difficult.

3) Maybe you are trying to go a bit to fast and need a little more active recovery to let everything heal and catch up with your will power.

I have to say I was trying to go as high as I could as fast as I could with in the last 7 weeks since I began bending.

* I have went from the initial Green Nail to a Grade 5 thus far but I think I let my will to get that 1/4" square and Grade 8 bolt get out of hand and since Wednesday I have suffered the consequences with two sprained and severely stained wrists that hurt just to move now and picking up a glass of water with my left hand is intensely painful. So I have to now step back and give myself some real time to heal and then go back into the bending a little more humble and sensibly with smaller stock as not to have a repeat performance that sidelines me for longer or worse permanently.

So FrankBoy take a step back and your goals, strategy, and set a more reasonable time line. I have no doubt you will soon destroy the FBBC 7"x5/16" (because I know deep down your a real Bastard-Ha Ha :laugh ) & G8 5.5. :rock

Your Friend and Steel Bending Brother GatorGrip

Franky dont sweat it, your strength will fluctuate from week to week, and even day to day. Take me for instance, my bending prob fluctuates more than most but I go from 1 month knocking on the door of a 6in FBBC, to the next month struggling with Reds..The main thing is pushing through each w/o and getting the most out of it.. Plus when you get in front of a few people for a cert the old adrenaline gets to pumping and you get a little boost which will most likely be enough to get past the sticking point...Dont despair just go for it...No guts no Glory...Brett

FrankyBoy,

This is normal. You just temporarily bogged down and had an off day.

For your next workout you might want to try:

1. Crank up your favorite upbeat music to get pumped up.

2. Use smaller easier steel(diameter) and have a volume workout.

Maybe bend at least a couple dozen pieces.

3. When you bend these easier pieces, just explode into them and

bend as fast as you possibly can.

Ok so you didn't destroy it this time, but destroy it you will! :mosher

Rooting for you Franky! You can do it!