Hand Dynamometer Results

I was at a chiro's office today w/ my mom.  I was full of joy when I spotted what appeared to be (and was) a Jamar Hand dynamometer!

I don't think my numbers are that good, but then again, its not in the ROM of the gripper, hehe.  And my hands weren't the strongest today, but it would still be in this range.

Left: 137

Right: 155

Also, when doing my plate pinches today, they really felt like they were gonna rip the skin on the bottom of the thumb right off.  I had to stop all of my work sets short!  I seriously thought if I held on much longer, I would tear that skin right off, literally.

Syber, I tried the multiple 10's.  3 was easy of course.  I could barely get my hands on 4.  I broke the ground then the plates just all slid out.  I think my hands are too small, I dunno.

Also, I almust messed myself up majorly today.  I was trying Full Back Squats for the first time today  On my last rep, my form was non-existent. I felt a pop and a rush of warmness in my lower abdomen.

The chiro said I almost had a hernia.  Freaked me out...

Michael Falkov

Man, you better get yourself checked out!  Sounds like a torn ab muscle or something more serious!! :0   :0

Give the plate pinches a rest.  You might be overdoing them.  Better to back off for awhile, then to risk an injury.

I agree with Syber, you should go to a medical doctor about that incident while squatting, not a chiropracter.  

As for dynamometer poundages, they don't correlate well with ip tourque ranges, and the feel of a jamar dynamometer is somewhat awkward for full crushing strength

Fuel: It wasn't my first time squatting, just full squatting.  Although I havent done any parallel back squats for a couple months or so.  My parallel back squats were never that strong, but I only worked on them for a few weeks.  My best being 203lbs for 7 reps.  Yesterday, I warmed up with 95, to try and get the FS technique down, and warm up.  I then tried 140.  It was going ok, until that 6th rep,  when I lost form completely.

Lincoln, over on the GG, said I should keep my abs and back tight.  I realized this could have been the problem, so next time I will keep that in mind!

Nathan:  Yeah, actually no pain at all from it.  But I don't know exactly what was going on.  I'm resting till Thursday, if not more.

Syber:  I don't think it was a torn ab muscle, otherwise I would be writhing in pain (which thankfully I am not!)  But there was definetely a lot of pressure on my lower abs on that last crappy rep.  As for the pinches, I will just try to stick with every 4 days, or every other other day.

Riot:  The Chiro gave me a reasonable in depth explaination of what probably happened.  He seemed to know exactly what he was talking about and that this wasn't uncommon at all.  But maybe I should go to a doctor, it wouldn't be a good idea to play with my physical well being.

Yea, the dyno was sort of awkward.  I was thinking though... it would be awwesome to train in all of its different ROM i believe there are 5 or 6.  You would know exactly how much progress you are making in every range.  But they are pretty expensive...

Michael Falkov