Bending After A Layoff

BJones

Well - I have been focusing on grippers and other training quite a bit and haven't bent anything is a few weeks and had only been bending once every couple of weeks before that.

Broke out the nails today to get ready for a talk and demo I will be doing next weekend - and well - ow!

Bent a couple of 60d and a Red nail - wanted to keep the volume low and just see if my groove was still there - it is a bit rusty but still there.

My focus now is getting certified on the #3 and I dont' want bending to interfer.

I feel like my hands are stronger and "healed" up from the stress of bending.

Opinions?

Brett

I think that since you were able to do a red, albeit feeling rusty you say, that the adrenaline of performing in front of others will more than compensate for the rusty groove and you will bend extremely strong at the demo. Sounds like one more similar bending workout before the show will be plenty. The demo sounds interesting, what are the details on it?

Well - I have been focusing on grippers and other training quite a bit and haven't bent anything is a few weeks and had only been bending once every couple of weeks before that.

Broke out the nails today to get ready for a talk and demo I will be doing next weekend - and well - ow!

Bent a couple of 60d and a  Red nail - wanted to keep the volume low and just see if my groove was still there - it is a bit rusty but still there.

My focus now is getting certified on the #3 and I dont' want bending to interfer.

I feel like my hands are stronger and "healed" up from the stress of bending.

Opinions?

Brett

I agree, sounds like the strength is there so I wouldn't worry about hitting any hard stuff. I would do 1 more workout with medium volume with 60ds or something, maybe 10 bends or so. Just to grease the groove. I'm sure you'll be amped enough when the time comes and the 60d's will give enough resistance to let you work your form w/o stressing yourself too much. Good luck on your demo. KB's too?

Thanks guys - I think you are right about the bending coming back and doing well in front of a crowd.

The demo is going to be a part of the Kettlebell Convention being held in Las Vegas next weekend.

dragondoor.com for details

How are you doing in combining gripping and bending? It seems my hands feel "better" not bending.

Brett

I think the added strength you have put on your hands and wrists will cause your bending to skyrocket once you get back into it...I am peeling back on the bending myself to pursue grippers..I think it is just logical that you cant do it all at once and do it well...Good luck on the demo........Brett K......

I did exactly the same the same thing you did Brett. I hadn't been bending consistently at all until some people on the board started putting down short lengths of FBBC stock. I started up again and was stronger, but my groove was rusty and I had to re-callous my hands. I've been back at it for about a month and a half now and I'm at least as strong as I was before the break. It will come back fast, don't worry.

I feel the same way. I want to keep my bending at a ok level w/o affecting my primary goals w/grippers and thickbars which are my priority right now.

Thanks guys.

Shifting focus and not wanting to lose anything off of an already attained goal is a common problem as you make your way through different goals.

Brett

well after some time off you casually bent 60d's and a red, safe to say you didn't lose anything. go get the 3!