Those bending-spring thingies

Guest Nards

do you know exactly what muscles they work? do they work the forearms as well as chest? i'm talking about thse 2 1/2 foot metal exercise bars with spring in the middle. i think they'realso referred to as power twisters.

Thanks! ;)

It is one of the biggest crap ever. Just like any kind of ab roller. You won't build any muscle with it. If you want to be strong and have a solid muscular body. nothing beats a barbell, a lot of plates and a power rack. Some thick dumbell handles are a good supplement. For the money you would pay for that crappy bending spring, get a Trainer gripper and work your way up.

Guest kINGPIN

I remember bending one of those when I was about nine years old and even then I thought it was too weak.  I was by no means a genetic freak as i was the skinniest streak of pi$$ you had ever seen.  Tou is right on all accounts.

Please be more gentle in your exhortations, I have been

doing strap holds with mine after a forced closing, but so

far have not been able to close it positively. Of course,

my hands are placed very close to the spring...

what are "strap holds"? i'm not entirely sure we're all thinking of the same thing. it's a bar with handles and a spring in the middle and you bend it to make the handles touch. it's sometimes called a power twister. i found it mildly difficult the first couple of times.

To do a strap hold, you crush the handles of a gripper on a strap on which a weigth is attached. Then, you lift the weight off the floor while keeping the gripper closed on the strap.

Roark was joking Nards. Seriously, forget about that device and train with a barbell or serious grip training equipement.

Nards,

Tou is right, I was joking. The device in question has no or

little merit in training. Take Tou's advice and use regular

training methods which target specific muscles. Thick bars,

wrist curls, grippers, wrist rollers.

I now return to the Liar's Club, where I am supreme in

the world of make-believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add that several years ago, when I was a streak of P***, someone bought one into the factory where I used to work. I had no problem bending it even then, but get this- I had sweaty hands, the #### thing escaped from my grip on one side, and smacked me on the bottom jaw. I bit a lump out of my tongue :crazy  (the evidence is still there to see for anyone strange enough to want to take a peek), and yes, I hurt like ####. A cautionary tale never to underestimate the most harmless-seeming exercises......