'inch' Dumbbell.....

Digdogz

I have just got an 'Inch' replica dumbbell from a great place for all us UK Grip freaks, its a custom job on the basic 2" handle, but dirt cheap comparably:

http://www.intensefitness.co.uk/Products-Grip-Tool.html

When I got it home last night lets just say that 'humbling' wasn't the word! This thing has a monster wide grip, my hands being small, its almost like a pinching excersise!

I was gonna train for heavy singles, as I do in all my training, but was after any advice that people may have concerning training on an adjustable handle like this?

Look forward to your responses,

Digdogz.

I have just got an 'Inch' replica dumbbell from a great place for all us UK Grip freaks, its a custom job on the basic 2" handle, but dirt cheap comparably:

http://www.intensefitness.co.uk/Products-Grip-Tool.html

When I got it home last night lets just say that 'humbling' wasn't the word! This thing has a monster wide grip, my hands being small, its almost like a pinching excersise!

I was gonna train for heavy singles, as I do in all my training, but was after any advice that people may have concerning training on an adjustable handle like this?

Look forward to your responses,

Digdogz.

Digdogs,

going to be in London the 16th-21st. my friend has a store there. they are having a big party on

Friday the 18th. you and anyother grip board members from London and there friends at invited

check out. WWWHOUSE33.COM

BJ the guy doing the tattoos is a grip board member ( CUBANBEE )

check it out!

You might already know this, but the "Inch" DB actaily has a 2.47" handle. So for people with small hands it's basicaly pinch grip that's being worked.

Do not forget Clay's idea for lifting the inch. He took some bending stock and wrapped tape around it on the handle. As the bar tried to rotate, it would catch on his thumb allowing him to lift the inch. He had the brilliant idea of using smaller and smaller bending stock. Use the search to find this topic if you want to hear more about it.

It sounds like you will need to tape up that handle anyway to get it to the proper width. I believe the INCH2 is 2.47 and the original Inch is 2 3/8". That's about .122" of a difference, but just so you know.

When I mean custom job, it has indeed been widended to the 2.4/7" handle.

I think the bar stock idea is a good one, First I will get to grips with the new feeling then give this a try.

Cheers,

Digz

Digz-

The bar stock is a good idea--Clay used 1/4 round stock, I think--not steel, but wood.

I tried to lift it in December, with the stock taped in place. I thought the little ledge would help--but it had just about NOTHING to do with my ability to lift it. My hands just aren't strong enough to lift the damn thing.

So there's that.

Zpassman1, use thicker stock. The idea is to stop the rotation, but it sounds like you may have to train on a normal thick bar until you can do 170 normally. See which is the case.

Edited by foggymountainmuscle