New Pr At The Nos3

MikeP

Just had to post that at the end of about 3hrs of crazy lifting I decided to give a go to some bending. I took down a 60d, a 6" G5, a 6" G8, a 5" G5, and then decided to try a red but nobody had an actual 7" red.... Steve Weiner says, here ya go, this is some drill rod at 7" that is a little tougher than a red. I gave it hell for about a min or so but got about 30*. I rested about 3 min and figured what the hell. I didn't think it would go but sure enough it started moving again. I finished it off and was more than just a little excited! In fact, I called Eric Milfeld in Texas just to tell him :) Ok, so I am a dork but I just get so damn fired up about lifting, bending, tearing, hell, anything. Eli from the diesel crew took down a piece as well. Smitty and Dan C were watching (I think?) Anyway, I hope the red is close to going down officially. Thanks everybody for everything.

Oh man if that thing broke while you were giving it your all and jammed itself right into your jugular that would have been so cool! We could have pressed your dead body for some interesting two hands anyhow combinations, used your blood as stone tacky, and then fed you to Mark Henry and your loved ones would have been none the wiser. :shifty

I have to issue a big thanks to Mike here for giving me the opportunity to bend a 120d nail and giving me 5 more to train on and perform at a strongman show at my school. Once I am done with these I will attempt to tackle the 120d at my local hardware stores with a vengence.

Just had to post that at the end of about 3hrs of crazy lifting I decided to give a go to some bending.  I took down a 60d, a 6" G5, a 6" G8, a 5" G5, and then decided to try a red but nobody had an actual 7" red....  Steve Weiner says, here ya go, this is some drill rod at 7" that is a little tougher than a red.  I gave it hell for about a min or so but got about 30*.  I rested about 3 min and figured what the hell.  I didn't think it would go but sure enough it started moving again.  I finished it off and was more than just a little excited!  In fact, I called Eric Milfeld in Texas just to tell him :)  Ok, so I am a dork but I just get so damn fired up about lifting, bending, tearing, hell, anything.  Eli from the diesel crew took down a piece as well.  Smitty and Dan C were watching (I think?)  Anyway, I hope the red is close to going down officially.  Thanks everybody for everything.

Mike, that is some awesome bending and you have all the right in the world to get as crazy as a shit house rat if you want to, because hell I wasn't even there and I am excited for you.

I have heard of this (Drill Rod) on this board once, but I had no idea how it measured up in comparison to other bendables. So if it is tougher than a red you are definitely breathing down the neck of an official bend.

Congratulations again MikeP - So I guess the long drive was worth it! :laugh

I remember that phone call. I thought maybe we were under nuclear attack or something, the way Mike was carrying on.

AWESOME bend, Mike!!! :mosher

Way to go Mike! Get excited man! It's your accomplishment and you earned it! :mosher Can't wait to see you destroy a RED.

tboo

Awsome work, Congrats Mike, I was at the Arnolds Sat. and some guys were telling me about the NOS.....I regret not going.

Mike,

Great job on the bend. Just to clarify, the drill rod you bent was a shade harder than the old shiny reds and not as hard as the newer darker reds. That, of course should not tarnish your accomplishment. I just wanted to let you know where you are right now, and you are very very close. Just go get the thing!

Steve

Good work Mike!

Good job Mike I watched the intial bend didn't relize you went back at it way to go.Nice meeting you hope you kill that red !