One Arm Chin-Up Video and Bolt Bending

Only place readily accesible.  I had an account there.  Wanna host it somewhere else?  Go for it.  Or any recomendations on where I should host it?

Michael Falkov

P.S.  I hit a new PR of being 18 years old today.  I'm aiming to break the 19 year old barrier exactly one year from today!

Well done Michael, good on yer!

I lurk now and again at the GG and noticed the grief you were getting, especialy surprised that some came from a fellow gripboard member. I'm glad it's getting sorted and I'm sure these clips will help, excellent shots.

One tip, I should put the file sizes next to the hyperlinks so that people will know how long they'll need to wait, some of the people having trouble viewing them may just be giving up too early.

Paul

It looks like most of the one-armed chin is due to lower body momentum swing. You might want to try and re-do it from a dead hang.

Guest Jeff Roark

Good job Q.G.! I couldn't do a one arm chin if I had a rocket pack tied to me! How tall are you? Your build is very similiar to mine when I finished Marine Corps boot camp, I may have been a bit more heavily muscled as I weighed 149lbs, but the look very similiar. Now I am 9 years down the road and about 60lbs heavier...any way good job and I liked your hair the most, I figure you got a sub to Milo now don't you?

Wannagrip:  I noticed that too when I watched the video.  I can assure you that it was all strength.  If anything, the lower body swing made it harder as it was pulling me to the side.  I had to do that to prove that I wasn't standing on anything.

Jeff, thanks.  I am 5'6.5" and 133 lbs.  I dunno Trigg hasn't responded yet.  Maybe he regrets offering me the sub, hehe.  Anyway, I hope he is honest about it.  I would LOVE a sub to Milo.  The hair... hehe.  I woke up not that long before making the video. :)

Fuel Crusher, I was surprised also, but hey, you never know what a person will say.  I agree, this should sort things out.  I'm proud of my accomplishments, I don't think they are the be all end all, as I know I will surpass them.  I won't lie about what I can do, and I hate being accused of it.

Good idea about the file sizes, they are pretty big.  You should see the uncompressed files on my computer.  Over 100 megs for the bolt bend!  I'll add it now.

Michael Falkov

Guest kINGPIN

I could'nt find the clip the other day and now that I have found it the media player will not work on my comp for some reason, not sure why.  But the photo looks great.  Well done on that.  Sorry to hear you were getting grief on the other board but I hope this has shut them up. -good on yer bud! ;)

How big are the bolts in reference to nails? 40-penny. 60-penny size? or bigger?  

Rick Walker :hehe

kINGPIN:  Thanks.  Try uninstalling your windows media player (thats what you were using, right?) and downloading the new one from www.microsoft.com

Yes, more people at least believe me now.

Rich: 1/4" thick, 6" long.  I guess thats like a 60 penny.

Michael Falkov

Guest kINGPIN

I just managed to get them to work and have also checked out the other pics on there.  Very impressive, I don't see myself ever being able to do a flag....unless there was no wind about. :D

I checked out those videos and pics, kick ass! I dont think ill be able to do a 1 armed pull up any time soon, I can get a little over half way up, but the hardest is over the top. Yeah... that swing doesnt help at all! Good job at the bolt too!

The flag is pretty impressive too... but i dont think that is the proper form... your arms should be straight out along with the rest of your body... still what you did is really hard to do none the less. Last year in gymnastics I knew at least 10 people that could do a flag! Seeing one first hand is pretty awesome. The proper form is you grasp the bar with your strongest hand at the bottom, im not sure which way your wrist is supposed to be... i cant remember right now and dont have a poll availiable to try, but you grasp the poll and the other hand is pretty much a stableizer(sp?). Your arms should be about shoulders width apart, maybe a little more. With the bottom hand you kind of pull and push really hard to extend your body straight out, its almost all in that arm.  That poll your doing it on though is too thick, im not sure if it would be possible, unless you have a #### good grip (now theres a grip feat!)) It really helps to have a strong back and strong shoulders, and judging from the pics you shouldn't have too much of a problem, on top of your weight, ~130 is it? I wish i was that small, im 190 right now, :blush. I should stop eating so much, I could stand to lose about 7 pounds. Sorry if the description is kinda confusing, I havent seen/tried a flag in a long time, but, you should get the idea. Ive been scouring the web trying to find a pic of one, Ill post a link to one if I find it.

Thanks guys.

Jett, if you find that pic, please do send it.  I tried to find one a long time ago.  And thank you for the description of how to do a real flag, it makes sense to me.  I will need to find a suitable pole, and I have no idea where one might be.  Maybe off of a barbell in a stand.  I'll give it a shot tommorow.

Also, someone was nice enough to host the video for me somewhere else, so now there should be less trouble getting it.

http://www.nuggie.com/lifting/images/one-arm-chin.avi

Michael Falkov

it's a good bend, but probly easier than most 60ds.

a 60d is 6in long but the one's i've seen are a little thicker than 1/4in. also, 60ds vary in strength much more than the bolts seem to.

impressive stuff

ps in the mallakhamb site- the guy has an advantege being able to hold onto the top of the pole when doing his flag...

maybe i'm wrong, i'll have to get off my ass and prove it

AP, yes.  It is a bit easier than the 60 pennies I have tried.  I also noticed that the guy in the picture didn't actually have to grip the pole to do his flag, but it was an awesome picture, and showed me what I was supposed to do.

I tried the REAL flag yesterday, and was able to do them.  I got some pics today, hopefully they will come out well.  They are definetely harder, but they feel better, and must look much better.  I want to make a video of all the unusual things I do.  I will need to sit and think just to remember all of them, hehe.

Michael Falkov

Makes me wonder if i could do the "flag" back in the days when I was light?????  THose were the days- :D  :D  :D

Rick Walker :hehe