Why Is The Spring On My New #3 Shiny?

Number Ten Ox

Okay, so I haven't actually closed any 3's yet with one hand but what up with the sparkle spring?

don't complain you might have a rare mistake a one of a kind hold on to it if it is you will get offers post a pic of it :trout

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

The brand new one at the Grip Gauntlet at the Arnold also has a shiny spring. Must be a new thing this year with the #3's or something. Wade said he didn't know why it was shiny but it was new out of the package that morning.

The 2005 and 1/2's are in!!!!!

Easy financing on the spot, no hassle salemen.

what are you talking about gary im slow explain ???? ;)

That #3 at the Arnold was a KILLER!!! I got it to 1/4 inch but that was it. Yes it had a shiny spring. Jedd from the Diesel Crew also felt it was a very hard #3.

When you say it has a "shiny" spring, are you telling us that the new #3's are now equipped with chrome-plated springs?? :mellow

The new #3 at the GNC booth wasn't solid chrome covered (as is the lemley), but was distinctly different from the older grippers. It was like a transparent silver shiny coating.

I thought it was easier than the #3 at the armwrestling booth, but since I didn't close either of them (1/8" and 1/4"), my authority on the matter is rather limited. :)

what are you talking about gary im slow explain ???? ;)

Dan,

I'm trying to be funny. Each year there seems to be a slight change in the grippers, knid of like new model year cars. That gets some of us to buy a new one just out of curiosity. Strossen doesn't even have to say anything, and we are on it. The line about financing is just the kind of thing you hear on TV for car sales but if you have a collection like I do of grippers(single stamp, double stamp, wide spread, coc logo etc), you might need some financing. Just my attempt at humor. :blush

thanks gary if it is different i guess we have to get one of these to :cry

i just recieved my #3 last week and i brought it to ishreds house. he asked me why its so shiny, i said because im special :D . i think all the new 3`s have the same chrome spring i guess, but i cant tell whether it is harder or the same strength as the previous ones

I have posted a picture of a 2004 #3 and a 2005 #3 side-by-side in my gallery so that you can see the difference that OX is talking about. The shine is very subtle, but noticeable, especially when seen up close. I personally have felt no difference in strength between the grippers.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2002

I have posted a picture of a 2004 #3 and a 2005 #3 side-by-side in my gallery so that you can see the difference that OX is talking about. The shine is very subtle, but noticeable, especially when seen up close.  I personally have felt no difference in strength between the grippers.

I bought one last month. Same spring. About the same difficulty as my others.

T!

I have posted a picture of a 2004 #3 and a 2005 #3 side-by-side in my gallery so that you can see the difference that OX is talking about. The shine is very subtle, but noticeable, especially when seen up close.  I personally have felt no difference in strength between the grippers.

from the pic looks like your 2004 is set deeper to from what i can see thanks for the pic to ;)

My new #2 is the same way. My #1 is probably three years old and the spring is almost a dirty black or dark gray and flat. The #2 is a lot shinier, like the photo posted.

I thought it was just because it was new, but I guess it's a different spring or something.

Jason

My #3 is harder than the one at the expo. The strength of the one at the expo seemed more relative to it's claimed strength (Not being harder than my PDA 295, which is like an MM1). I did notice the shiny springs and I wondered why the hell they would do that since no one wants chrome plating.

Is it true that the 2005 3s are harder than the 2004s?

(I have a 'shiny' 3 also, while my workout partner has a 'shiny' T)

Is it true that the 2005 3s are harder than the 2004s? 

(I have a 'shiny' 3 also, while my workout partner has a 'shiny' T)

They feel roughly the same. If anything the 2005 #3 that I bought is "slightly" easier than the 2004 #3 I own.

The funny thing about my order was I got a 1,2, and 4 w/ no shine and my 3 was this little golden child shiny thing. Same box. Whatever... Must be an inventory thing.