kINGPIN, about your bending...

Fuel Crusher

Andy, after your last message I was wondering a few things. Just how much bending are you doing? I know that like me you have more important goals but are you actually doing 'bending' workouts? I counted up that after those two nails you sent me I've bent a further 6 of the 4" nails and had one failed attempt at the 6"  ??? .

Although I can now do the 4" without any bracing it feels far from easy. How much have you put into this for the 4" to become easy? How many do you think you've bent?

All the bending I've done has been spur of the moment stuff, so if you're bending in a more organised way I'd be interested in reading it.

Cheers

Paul.

PS your message box is full again. :hehe

Guest kINGPIN

Paul,

that may have been a bit of an excageration on my part there.  When I said it was easy I meant reletavly as compared to the first time I tried it.  I don't think that any nail bending is easy because it is so painful.  As for workouts, I just picked up a nail and just kept going until it is bent.  Because the 40 penny (if thats what you say it is) was my first one my tecnique was a little crap but you know when you have a good grip because you can just feel it going 'soft' as you bend it.  The small nails have become easy partly because the mental block has gone and I know I can do it and secondly because my tecnique has vastly improved.  As for training I would say that hte eagle loops have helped a lot as they build a degree of pain tolerance.  

Hope this has answered your questions.  My inbox is now empty.  ;)

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Our nails:

4" 20d

5" 40d

6" 60d

Your're right about the mental aspect, having confidence in yourself goes a very long way in things such as this. I think it's my technique that I have to work on, even on the 20d nails I go through several position changes before I complete the bend and I don't think I've done two bends in the same way. Sounds like you're along way toward getting your technique right so keep at em matey and tame that 40d in the same way you've tamed the 20.

Luck

Paul

Guest kINGPIN

Paul,

It takes me a lot of hand position changes too.  I cannot bend it in one go like the way strongman does in his clips.  It takes me a few little bends to bet a kink in it and then one big bend to take it to about a right angle, and then one finisher.  Hopefully I will soon be able to do in in one go but htat is a while off.  I do just like the workout it gives my hands and wrists.

Thanx for the encouragement.

Andy