Hand Size

kelby

Sounds like that short man has some meat hooks

Sorry about the short thing I have always been a Giant towering at 5' 8"

without heels. Ha Gotcha! No my hand is just a tad over 7" inches.

As John Brookfield says Hand size doesn't have much to do with hand strength it's a myth, but with biscuit snatchers that large you have a great base to work with and it would no doubt be a great benefit to you if you chose to lift some of the big dumbbells like the inch or millenium basically anything with a thick handle you have more meat to wrap around the handle.

they are almost eight inches. i am only five feet five inches tall.

:dry

I won't believe it until I see pics... :rolleyes

I did not cause fear with the other grip member but 8 inch that is big.

so your not talking about from wrist to fingertip...cuz mine are 8 inches mesured that way. but im almost 6'2.

on a 5'5 guy that would look funny imo.

or did you mesure the spread from thumb to pinky tip?

A bit of a hijack, but I didn't want to start another hand size thread... :blush

Has anybody ever measured the ratio the middle finger is of their total hand size? I have 8" hands, and the finger is 3-1/8". I don't know if this even has any implications to anything, I'm just wondering.

To add something to the original discussion, I'm 6'2", so yeah I think "almost 8 eight inches" on a 5'5" guy is big. :)

Rolle

"Has anybody ever measured the ratio the middle finger is of their total hand size? I have 8" hands, and the finger is 3-1/8". I don't know if this even has any implications to anything, I'm just wondering"

Thats a good thought. I dont care much for how big my hands are but that type of thing sound interesting.

Also, to add to the original post, the size of your hands CAN (not WILL) effect your performance but there aint much you can do about it, so make them strong. Not really relevant but there seems to be so many out there that are worried about how big their hands are.

Further to the point, yeah, its sounds like you have some big mits. But whatever...just make 'em strong.

But I do like that ratio idea. Just sounds interesting.

so your not talking about from wrist to fingertip...cuz mine are 8 inches mesured that way. but im almost 6'2.

on a 5'5 guy that would look funny imo.

or did you mesure the spread from thumb to pinky tip?

i did wrist to finger tip. and my wrist size is almost 8 inches.

Edited by kelby

8" hands at 5'5" is much more rediculous then 9" @ 5'10' IMO

can you post a pic this seems abnormal almost.

im trying to invision my hands on a 5'5 guy. and i cant grrr lol

How tall is Paris Hilton? She's got man-hands, probably 8" or so.

My mother-in-law is 5'2 and her hands are just a shade smaller than mine, which are 7 5/8"

Edited by jad

8" hands at 5'5" is much more rediculous then 9" @ 5'10' IMO

can you post a pic this seems abnormal almost.

im trying to invision my hands on a 5'5 guy. and i cant grrr lol

a guy who works with me is six feet, and out hands are the same size. my hands aren't the only thing that is eight inches. you want to see that too. i was just asking if eight inch hands are big. i don't want to waste my time trying to prove it to people.

I work with a guy whos tiny, like 120 pounds 5'4" and his hands are 7.75 like mine but I'm 6'2" and his are thicker!! They look cartoonish and he gets harrassed about it quite a bit.

I have 7.5" hands at 5'10" tall. A friend of mine from college is 6'5" tall, 275 lbs mostly lean (natural, no training) and when I shook his hand it wrapped all the way around mine and he was touching his first knuckle with his thumb. So I would imagine that would have to be a 10" or so hand?