Wristroller/chalk

Guest Bane

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was wristroller day and I've been doing these progressively for the past 2 months.  The weight has been getting  bit heavy (for me) and my grip has been slipping a little.  My wrist roller is homemade from pvc ( 2 inch) and is wrapped with duct tape. Yesterday I decided to use chalk and ended up getting a more intence w/o.  The chalk didn't work out so well and ended up making the wristroller more slippery.....I even tried less chalk. For every turn of the wristroller it was slipping back half a turn! I couldn't get the weight to the top but kept trying until my efforts became useless.  Lowering the weight was an adventure! The thing just wanted to spin out of control and unwind the weight to the floor.  I decided to rest and torture myself again before reversing the wristroller and hitting the other side of the forearm in the same manner. I finished up with pinch grip work and my forearms were sore almost imediately following the w/o. I had trouble driving home that night and holding the steering wheel. :)

I think it may be time to invest in a real wristroller.  I think, for me, this is worth coming back to again though, at least occasionaly.

later