Perseverance - Grade 8 Pr

tboo

I've done it. Took down a grade 8. It wasn't record time, but it is bent. I couldn't have done it without the motivation I received from watching the videos of others, especially Franky's Red PR!

My goal is to be listed on the Red Nail list. Let's continue to own that list. Everyone is hitting PRs lately and it's not because of leather instead of IM pads, DO folding blah blah blah. It's simply the guidance, motivation and comradery that is displayed in our small, but growing, community. :rock

Thanks

tboo

You're welcome! :yikes

Great bend.

That thing sucks at the end, doesn't it?

Keep the good work and you'll get the Red soon.

Hope to see a video next time. ;)

Excellent! :rock

Seems like you may have caught a serious case of that

BENDING BUG that is going around. ;)

Keep up the great work.

Way to go man! I know how it feels :) and it feels good :rock Here's to another PR and another gripboarder getting close to the RED!

You may have already crushed down a pre-kinked red. etc...but if not you will like the feeling of crushing down the dead solid red, as opposed to the springy grade 8. Where you crush the red, it stays, does not bounce back.

I've done it. ...Everyone is hitting PRs lately and it's not because of leather instead of IM pads, DO folding blah blah blah. 

Everyone is hitting PR because they train hard. Many are "bending" a red because they use folding, an abomination in the world of bending. Anyway enjoy it while you can (those of you aiming at IM certification). A change of IM rules will come soon.

michael, why do you have to jack peoples threads????

CONGRATS on the PR.

Right on, Robby! Congratulations!

congrats on the grade 8 :rock next stop RED NAIL How much harder was the 8 compared to the 5? congradulations again man :bow

I know bending that ole number 8 took a bushel of persistence, a barrel of discipline and a least 1 can of WHOOP ASS! and it looks like you shook it up before you popped the top on that helpless bolt. It didn't have a chance!

Outstanding Job my friend and I am sure that sometime in the not to distant future the RED will be dead!

Keep up the serious training because your goal is well within your GRIP! :rock

I've done it. ...Everyone is hitting PRs lately and it's not because of leather instead of IM pads, DO folding blah blah blah. 

Everyone is hitting PR because they train hard. Many are "bending" a red because they use folding, an abomination in the world of bending. Anyway enjoy it while you can (those of you aiming at IM certification). A change of IM rules will come soon.

michael, why do you have to jack peoples threads????

CONGRATS on the PR.

I usually don't these days, but we all know who introduced the term "folding" on this board. There was a bit of a (poorly disguised) provocation in the original post.

Anyway, thank you for inadvertently supporting me in my struggle against the almighty moderator(s?).

Thanks guys. This was an awesome bend. I did it out of sheer determination. Pete, IMHO the g5 feels like a coathanger compared to the g8. The g8 is springy, so you have to really put it on it. Give it all you got, you can do it! Franky, I will try to practice with some video. Gator, what can I say, your posts are always motivating! :rock Mikael, my goal is to bend a Red Brookfield style, so I will do my best to achieve that goal. To the bending Grand Masters, :bow

I gave 100 percent, and you guys motivated me to put forth the extra 10 to get it done. Thanks again everyone.

tboo