New Pr, A Couple Of 60d's

Tylerm

Knocked out 20 pieces of 1/4" steel, HRS, CRS and grade 2 bolts of various lengths, and then went for a 60d. I tried one a few weeks back, barely kinked it. The first one bent like butter, the 2nd a bit harder, but still no big deal.

I emailed John just before he went out of town, when he gets back I am ordering up ten each of 6", 5.5" and 5" grade 5 bolts. Can't wait to give them a try, until then I will keep knocking out the 1/4" CRS and will have to pick up some more 60ds, because the two I bent were the only ones I had.

Good work. What type of 60Ds were they - galzanized, shiny etc..? Where did you get them? You may even have some especially hard 60Ds.

Congrats.

Order a couple of G8s too.

I have ordered some 5" G5s too and haven't touch them yet.

I went from the 5.5" G5 directly to the G8.

If your far goal is the Red its better not to focus to much on the shorter bars.

Work with the G8 and the 7"x1/4" square instead.

Mike is right, I've some 60Ds which are as hard as G5s maybe even harder.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Those are known to be on the hard side of 60Ds - the Lowes cement coated, and it has been discussed here before. I think you will be suprised how strong you will be in the graded bolts when you try them. Start with a grade 5 and I bet the 8 will fall for you before long. Good luck.

Good, I was hoping someone wouldn't tell me those were the easy ones :)

I am going to go pick up a bunch of them this weekend so I can go for volume on them next session, along with some more 1/4" CRS stock

We seem to be in the same lane my friend, so let me move over because I think you are about to pass me.

Awesome progress now on to shorter, thicker and colder steel. :rock