Blank Hg500

most-muscular

I just got an HG500 off ebay for $25, but the handles are blank. There is no HG500 or limited edition number, otherwise it looks normal. Do you guys know anything about these? Is this a prototype, or is HG making more than 250 of them?

It should be scrached or have minor flaws on it, either way it was a great buy !

It should be scrached or have minor flaws on it, either way it was a great buy !

Yes, the auction said that it would be scratched or have some flaw and that is why it was only $25. It looks good to me. I have a feeling that the missing numbers on the handle is the "flaw".

What you probably have is one of the grippers that didn't make it through the manufacturing process unscathed, so it didn't get a number. It is most likely not one of the 250 but one of the smaller group of "unnumbered" HG500's.

T

It will become even more collectible than the others!!

Only 2 Hg500's left...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

All the Hg400's are gone...

T

You can thank me for ridding him of the remaning 2 400's :).

I've been watching this auction for a week now, as soon as I saw it mentioned on the board I figured I better pounce !

yep - wanna sell it?

Steve,

Do you wanna buy mine? I got it today and I hate it. PM me if you're interested.

What's there to hate?

I pulled it out of the box today and was very disappointed.

The handles aren't the problem. I've closed the HG400.

The gripper is unmarked. The spread is super wide, and there is a bulge on the coil. I immediately want to send it back, but if someone else is interested in buying it... I'll sell it to them.

Is this the one you got off eBay - the one you knew would be not right? If so - it's as you knew it would be. My #184 has marks on the handle end and a blemish on the spring. Considering you got lucky being chosen by T-nation and won a package and I'm still waiting on some words from you for the book I think I'll pass.

I bought an HG 500 off of e-bay for $25, and I love it. It has a 3.5" spread. It is unmarked and the only blemishes I see are on the spring.