Sharper Image hand strengthener

Guest NotchJohnson

Hi Notch,and welcome to the board,

I have one of those though not the same brand. It was given to me for Xmas by my son who thinks it's the neatest little contraption! It makes for a good conversation piece but is not much for a grip work out ! It is good for warm ups and cool downs after a serious grip work out but you could be there forever if you have a fairly strong grip already and want to make any kind of gains with it! Still it's a nice toy to have, I wouldn't buy it for myself!  Just my opinion!

Salud!

JJ

Notch,

I have something like this, its called the dynaflex, and it is a good grip workout if you get it to really high rpm's, but I don't think it would translate to gains on grippers or any other common grip feats.  However, I'll agree with blueshadow in that it is a good warmup tool.

Just to clarify, my dynaflex is the non-electronic version of this gadget.  It is signifigantly cheaper than the electronic version you are providing a link to.  EMS carries the basic model