Wich Rb Gripper

DuTCH

I am trying, like most of us, to close #3. I want to get two RB grippers but i don't know which one to get. Should i get a 210 and a 300 for heavy negatives? Or should i get two inbetween grippers like RB210/240 or RB240/260??

I know they vary alot, sometimes a 260 can come out harder than a #3, but what should i do :help

I am trying, like most of us, to close #3. I want to get two RB grippers but i don't know which one to get. Should i get a 210 and a 300 for heavy negatives? Or should i get two inbetween grippers like RB210/240 or RB240/260??

I know they vary alot, sometimes a 260 can come out harder than a #3, but what should i do :help

whats' your best close right now?

I can get my 2004 #3 about 1/4".....

You should buy an RB240 - but one of the older edition (with one ring in the knurling of the handles)! I'm getting more and more the impression that their spread and difficulty level is below the new edition (two rings in the knurling of the handles)! I've got one old RB240 wich is a bit easier than an easy 3#. My new RB240 is like a normal 3# and the new RB260 is like a very hard 3# (or above).

I bought the RB260 a while back and it seems to be one of kind as it is like a 3.3. Very hard. The sweep is hard but the last part of the close is a nightmare! Very nice gripper though. The handles are a little thicker than the IM ones which gives it a different feel.

I emailed Robert Baraban about this subject and I think if memory serves that he said a 210 was inbetween a 2 and a 3. I think I deleted the email so... Email himself to be sure, Im sure he'll give you some assistance in picking what you need.

:rock

Thanks for the response, i mailed Robert Baraban and he suggested to get a RB210 for reps, and a RB300 for heavy negatives... (and eventually for reps :D )