Kevlar cloths for nail bending

Guest kINGPIN

Guest kINGPIN

Out of respect I did'nt want to start this in Strongmans thread.  Where can you get those Kevlar cloths you mentioned?  I am not going to buy the bag of nails (at least not for a while yet).  Do you think that Ironmind would consider selling them individualy?  Or are there any other places to get these or similar type pads for this purpose?

If you don't use kevlar cloths then what does everyone use?  At the moment I use an old flannel.

Kingpin, when I ordered some additional "nails" from Ironmind, they sold me the kevlar cloths for an additional $4. So, you should be able to just order the kevlar cloths, alone. I called them to place my order since I didn't see an offering of just the cloths.

Train smart!

Guys, I may be mistaken, but I'm not sure those cloths are Kevlar.  They look kind of like a piece of "jersey knit" high denier nylon pack cloth.  Similar to what a backpack may use.  I believe these are cut to about a square foot in area and Ironmind recommends folding them in half four times.  This might help with the availability for you Kingpin.  

In my experience with Kevlar (via the aerospace industry) I have found the weave to unravel very easily, counterproductive to good bending.  With Nylon, you can trim it and flame the edges to prevent unraveling.  I hope this helps, I thought I remember you are from the UK.  shipping charges would probably far exceed the $4 you would spend on the things.

Guest kINGPIN

I tried to get onto the Ironmind site but the computor was being awkwed.  I will try and e-mail them to see what they have to say.  Thanx for the quick responses guys.