Cleaning Grippers

GarytheDino

I know we have been over this before. I was wondering if we could have a FAQ for cleaning? I did a search but couldn't get anything.

I cleaned mine tonight and noticed that I can only get the handles so clean with a brush. It seems like less knerling but it has to be dirt. I also had some gummed up stuff in the spring that I tried to floss out. I can only get them so clean though.

I recall some dipping grippers in water or some solution to clean them. I suppose that would not damage the gripper if you put acetone(finger nail polish) or alcohol on them to immediatly dry them and then apply WD-40.

But what did you wash them in? It seems that water won't do.

I put some water in a cup and then dump 409 or comet into it and dip and scrub with a tooth brush. Then just wipe it off with a towel.

Also, make sure you don't put the tooth brush somewhere that it could be confused with one that maybe used to brush teeth.............

I put some water in a cup and then dump 409 or comet into it and dip and scrub with a tooth brush.  Then just wipe it off with a towel.

Also, make sure you don't put the tooth brush somewhere that it could be confused with one that maybe used to brush teeth.............

I do like Heath but I make a paste out of it and apply it to the handles..it will stick to them..then I let them set, so the bleach effect really brightens them up. After I simply rinse them off and paper towel dry them.

If there is really imbedded skin or grime I have a little aluminum brush I got at the dollar store and I will scrub them while their pasty.

Use a nail or small scrub brush. Soak the grippers in hot soapy water. Cameo Comet or Barkeepers friend works good, Rinse and let the gripper dry standing spring down. Apply a little 3 in 1 oil to spring avoiding getting oil on handle.

Detergent and water followed by never dull wadding/polish.

• 11 years later...

old thread here, but I was about to buy some "Never Dull" but I just realized there are two types.  Not sure which one to go after.  The one that says its "the original Nevr-dull" comes in a Bluish can, and the other says it is Eagle One Original "Nevr-Dull" and that one comes in a silver can.

are they the same thing?