Slow but sure

Guest Bane

Hi guys,

A coupls of weeks ago I made my first post here and explained my grip weakness and desire to start a routine. After designing something preliminary while still reading MoHs and working that for what is now only my third w/o I have one peice of good news.  I closed the #1!! :D

I work coc's first in my routine both days, on day one I do timed holds and negetives and day two I do single attempts which will become reps when I can do em' (sort of a heavy day/ lightday) .

Lets hope I can soon turn these into reps.......now for the left hand :(

So far MoHS is very interesting and it's hard not to want to just add everything to your routine :D

Later

Congrats Bane, You are right it is hard not to add too much to your routine, I was exactly the same. Its took me around 3 months to settle down and create a couple of focused targets.

Only now I've found nail bending aswell ???  oh well.

Good luck.

Nice work on the #1 Bane. It is really hard to read MOHS and not hit all grip areas with both barrels. You would be doing yourself a favor to work in at least a little pinching or thick handle work *after* your crushing, if crushing is your goal right now. If you do it after, you won't be eating up energy that could have gone to your primary goal (which I assume is crushing, from what you write). If recovery becomes a problem then back off accordingly. This will let you experiment with other exercises to see what you like.

Thanks baldy,

I'm actually kind of experimenting right now before settling in on a more solid routine. Monday I did coc timed holds, static holds with a BB and finished up with pinch gripping plates. Thursday I'll do coc's again, wrist roller and pinch grip with a 2x4 piece of wood with hanging weights.

Guest kINGPIN

Well done on the #1. The good thing about being a newbie is that it does'nt matter what you do because progress does come relativly easy at first.  Don't make things too complicated at this stage.  Work hard, with good form, exercise a bit of control and just enjoy these early stages.  You have all the time in the world to start working out routines after you have decided which exercises you like, want are good at, and enjoy.  

When the gains slow and you have a bit of grip training experience behind you and know your own body (or should I say hand) sould you bother to think about formal routines.

Keep us posted on your progress!  :)