My Goal

Bob Lipinski

Is that 3/8x8"? If so, that would be a phenomenal braced bend.

:erm post some pics of the attempts if you kink it or not you will get it sooner or later :shifty

nothings impossible, that's what everyone thought about the Red Nail and look at what people do now on them :D

Ha, let's just say I am very, very far away.

Just posted so that I would say to myself that it is possible!

Sorry for hyjacking this thread, but.....

You mentoined braced bending and i dont see how people do it over there knee. If anyone brace bends plz explain how or show a video thnx.

Sorry for hyjacking this thread, but.....

You mentoined braced bending and i dont see how people do it over there knee. If anyone brace bends plz explain how or show a video thnx.

I've found that I have much more power when bending standard sized spikes if I pull upwards on the spike against my shin, just below knee level. But be careful to avoid bracing against that fleshy area just below the patella. I do this while balancing on one leg and using only the first two fingers of each hand to grasp the spike. Finger strength is important here. This works much better than kneeling down and pulling against my shin, and exponentially better than pushing down on the spike over my thigh. My theory is that the bigger guys fare much better than us skinny guys with the "over the thigh" technique. After I get about a thirty degree bend using this technique, I grasp the spike's pointed end with my <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=23&k=left%20hand" onmouseover="window.status='left hand'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">left hand</a> and brace it on my right thigh, just beneath my hip. Then with my right hand grasping the spike's head, I crush it downwards by bracing my right fist against my right pectoral muscle. When I finish this phase of the bend my chest is pretty close to touching my right thigh. From this point I perform a standard chest crush with the spike, unless it's a particularly tough one, in which case I'll brace - crush it between my thighs.

Thnx for the help. Dont you find the bend to be to small to do over your thigh?

Yes. It seems like too much surface area is contacting the spike.