Fbbc Bender's Bag (beginner)

jarow

For some reason I can only see "An Incredible 130 Pieces!! Only..."

but after "Only" the next line is cut off. The website is http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/BENDERSBAG.html, I'm not sure whether it's something with the website or just my computer.

Also have many people gotten it? If so is it a good place to start?

$44 + Shipping

Contact John for shipping costs (johnb@fatbastardbarbellco.com), he will give you a total price.

Good luck with it.

Greg

The beginner's bender's bag is what got me hooked! It should provide a new bender with a wide range of stock to work with, and it'll have a few surprises in there for when you've gotten pretty experienced as well. I still don't know who is supposed to bend those crazy washers in the bag, but everything else is good stuff! Get yourself a 15 lb. tub of 6" timber ties as well and you'll have enough to play with for a long time.

VeGripper

sounds good. I'm excited but also kind of worried to start bending...already finding myself addicted to grippers and I'm sure bending will be the same. I only started a month ago but found I quickly have outgrown the Trainer and #1 that I bought and can easily do 10-20 reps on the #1 with both hands...so a BBA, BBSA, and BBM are on the way now. Plus I'll probably want to get the #2 and #3 soon and start working on those.

All this is getting expensive :blush

All this is getting expensive  :blush

Tell me about it. My wife isn't crazy about the amount I spend on grip toys, but when she picks on me for it I just point out the vast amount of home goods, handbags and other things she has bought lately and we decide to call it a truce about who "wastes" more on their fun stuff. :D

Consider it an investment in your hand health. Think of it in that light and you'll always feel good about it!

VeGripper

Consider it an investment in your hand health. Think of it in that light and you'll always feel good about it!

Yeah, I figure 20 years down the road I'll definitely be happy about it. But in the last 4 or 5 months most of my money has gone towards kettlebells and grip toys ;)

And then every time I'm on here or looking around online I find something else that I want.

Been there, done that. You wouldn't believe how many times I've told my GF: "Now, this is all I'll ever need." I won't bother saying that anymore, because I'll have to eat those words a couple of months later anyway. :blush

I've been sticking to IM stock for bending because the colour system is simple. Once I get the blue I'll have to start digging up more info. The problem is, while here (GB) is a lot of knowledge on bending stock and nails, it is mostly irrelevant for a Finn. If I go to a hardware store and ask for 60d nails or timber ties, I'll just get a blank stare. :blink:erm

Rolle

sounds good.  I'm excited but also kind of worried to start bending...already finding myself addicted to grippers and I'm sure bending will be the same.  I only started a month ago but found I quickly have outgrown the Trainer and #1 that I bought and can easily do 10-20 reps on the #1 with both hands...so a BBA, BBSA, and BBM are on the way now.  Plus I'll probably want to get the #2 and #3 soon and start working on those.

I started out with grippers as well, but I find the bending ismuch more addictive, part of the reason like mentioned in the Unbraced Bending article is that you have a souvenir when you're done, in short Bending rules :mosher